The European Union Delegation to Peru is looking for: Office Support Agent
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Peru monitors EU policies that are relevant in Peru and in the region. It also monitors Peruvian politics and policies, carries out press and public diplomacy activities and participates in the high-level political dialogue.
We offer a post as Office Support Agent. Under this heading, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Office Support Agent within the Administration Section of the Delegation. This specific job function may change in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
The successful candidate will serve, under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration. Daily work involves the following responsibilities:
- Welcome, control access, direct and announce visitors.
- Answer, screen and forward incoming phone calls while providing basic information when needed.
- Coordinate with the courier the delivery of outgoing correspondence; receive and sort incoming correspondence; handle incoming and outgoing diplomatic pouch
- Scan and register of incoming and outgoing correspondence when necessary, using archiving software (Ares).
- Co-ordinate the internal distribution of the correspondence or any other documents, making sure that they are assigned and transmitted on due time and in compliance with the internal instructions.
- Management and update of the mailing lists and contact database.
- Management of the meeting rooms planning and coordination of the catering when required.
- Coordination of transportation services for the Delegation staff and management of the drivers assignments (using the internal software e-Drivers).
- Draft, type or prepare reports, notes, meeting minutes, briefing files for the Head of Administration and perform other clerical duties such as filing, photocopying.
- Provide administrative support and assist the Administration section on different administrative and logistical tasks, such as organising meetings, making appointments, organising videoconferences, compiling information or preparing files for the Headquarters.
- Manage the filing and the archiving of incoming mails, internal instructions, notes or any other documents of the Administrative section.
- Transmission and circulation of administrative information to Delegation sections.
- Coordinate and contribute to administrative quality checks on files for signature prepared by the Administration Section.
- Follow-up of the stocks availability and expiry date of goods and assets such as office material, catering supplies, medical kits and fire extinguishers.
- Draft verbal notes to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs on administrative issues; contact ministries as well as diplomatic missions upon request.
- Ensure correspondence and follow-up of the EU official's accreditation with the MFA Protocol Service.
- Support organisation of external missions from Headquarters, other Delegations or other European institutions attending international events in Lima.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as an additional pension scheme and medical insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
The Delegation office is located in Avenida Victor Andres Belaunde, 332, 5th Floor San Isidro, Lima.
We look for
- A candidate with proven working experience of at least 5 years in similar tasks. Previous experience in a diplomatic mission, international organisation and multicultural environment will be considered an asset.
- Post-secondary education attested by diploma. Specific training/education of at least 1 year directly related to the nature of the duties is an asset.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Excellent command of Spanish, both written and spoken. Good command of English (at least B level) is a requirement.
- Good command of both English and French and/or working knowledge of an additional EU language would be an asset;
- Capacity to work in a multicultural team, showing good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Methodical, rigorous and autonomous mindset;
- Ability to carry out tasks flawlessly, even when working under pressure, and to respond quickly to new demands;
- High degree of confidentiality, accuracy and responsibility when dealing with correspondence.
- Proficient user of Microsoft Office Suite and generally IT oriented.
Please send your application and supporting documents by e-mail, mentioning in the subject "Office Support Agent application" until 05 of August to the following address: DELEGATION-PERU-HOA@eeas.europa.eu. Applications should include a detailed CV, a letter of motivation and a copy of an ID. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
The first step of the recruitment procedure consists of a preselection of candidates on the basis of the qualifications and the professional experience described in their CV and their motivation letter.
Preselected candidates will be invited to a written test. The candidates with the best scores in the written test will be invited to an interview. Shortlisted candidates will be asked to present documental proofs of information presented in their application.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone. Please address any queries concerning this procedure to DELEGATION-PERU-HOA@eeas.europa.eu.