Vacancy Notice - Job no.157624, local agent position of Office Support Agent - Receptionist in Administration Section
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to North Macedonia is one of those 140 delegations. The Delegation of the European Union is the liaison between the national authorities and EU institutions. Since the decision taken by the European Council to recognise the country as a candidate for EU membership, the work of the Delegation of the European Union has focused increasingly on monitoring and reporting on compliance with the political and economic criteria for membership of the EU, and alignment of legislation with EU legislation as well as capacity to implement and enforce it.
One of Delegation's key tasks is to inform the authorities, institutions, media and citizens of the Republic of North Macedonia about the pre-accession process and about the EU institutions and policies. It also maintains regular contacts with academic institutions, business community and representatives of the civil society.
We offer a position of Office Support Agent - Receptionist in Administration Section.
The jobholder will work under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration.
The selected candidate will be offered a full-time employment contract ("local agent" type contract - Group IV) on indefinite period.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
Place of employment: Skopje.
Working time: 37.5 working hours/week.
Functions and duties
The successful candidate will perform the following tasks:
- Answering, screening and forwarding incoming phone calls / switchboard operation
- Welcoming visitors at the front desk by greeting, directing and announcing them appropriately
- Registration of incoming mail and filing as per the Delegation’s internal filing system
- Managing the internal communication flow by distributing other documents and correspondence
- Registration and acceptance of all tenderers submitted to the Delegation
- Maintain office security by following safety procedures and controlling access via the reception Desk
- Drivers application management
- Updating of the general contact lists, staff phone lists, etc.
- Assistance in preparation of meetings and conferences
- Receiving and summarising concerns from citizens, translate them, and relay them to relevant Section
- Responsible for office stationery
- Liaise with service providers as required and manage their access
- Occasional replacement of secretarial staff as and when required
- Responsible for courier services
- Travel and transport arrangements
- Maintain reception area and all common areas in a clean and tidy manner at all times
- Managing of office supplies, stationary, equipment and furniture
- All other general secretarial duties that may be required
The tasks listed above are indicative and may change in accordance with the Delegation’s service needs and internal organisation.
- Higher secondary education or secretarial studies
- Minimum of three years pertinent professional experience as a receptionist and/or secretary
- Work experience at an Embassy or International Organisation is an asset
- Good interpersonal skills, including the ability to cooperate well with colleagues and beneficiaries and to develop good working relationships.
- Ability to work well as a member of a team.
- Understand the importance of maintaining the integrity of a diplomatic mission. Previous experience of an international working environment is preferred
- Have at least three years relevant experience linked to the tasks requested.
- Native command of Macedonian and excellent written and spoken English language.
- Knowledge of an additional EU language is an asset
Other skills and competences
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Stress resistance
- Excellent IT skills (Microsoft Office, communication software, etc.)
- Very good drafting skills;
- Very good analytical/reporting capabilities;
- Capacity to communicate clearly at all levels;
- Good capacity to maintain communication and information flow within and outside the section.
- Capacity to work as a team player;
- Ability to deal with tact in delicate circumstances.
- Methodical and structured approach to tasks;
- Very good coordination skills;
- Good capacity to organise oneself to deliver results in a timely manner;
- Capacity to work under pressure and respond quickly to demands.
- Responsibility and discretion as a requirement;
- Commitment to quality and accuracy;
- Sense of initiative;
- Commitment to public service and team spirit.
- Experience in effective communication both orally and in writing, ability to interpret regulations and guidelines and to act on and provide advice in accordance with the appropriate instructions, for the tasks closely related to those described above under “Functions and duties”;
- Experience working with the Microsoft office package;
- Experience in working in a team in multi-disciplinary environment and be a flexible team player;
- Strong drafting and analytical skills and/or implementing policies, procedures, guidelines, templates, etc;
- Excellent communication skills both in Macedonian and English;
- Capacity to perform with accuracy and in a flexible manner a diversity of tasks in a complex institutional environment;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
How to apply
Interested candidates should send a motivation letter and CV in Europass format in English only to the following functional email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject line should state: Name Surname Job.no. 157624
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form, which is available at the following internet address: https://europa.eu/europass/en/create-europass-cv .
*Other forms of CV will not be accepted.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone. Please address any queries concerning this procedure via e-mail to email@example.com. Successful reception of your application will be confirmed via e-mail only.
Deadline for sending applications is 05 January 2022 at 16.00h Skopje time.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by e-mail and will be invited for an interview and possibly a written test. Interviews will be held in Skopje, at the EU Delegation premises or via video-conferencing, Zoom or Webex depending on Covid-19 situation.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will be informed on the decision.