Temporary administrative assistant (equivalent Group III) in Administration Section (+/- 10 months)
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Russian Federation is responsible for the conduct of official relations between the Russian Federation and the European Union. In all matters pertaining to the European Union, the Delegation works closely with the diplomatic missions of the EU Member States, particularly the one representing the EU Presidency, which rotates every six months.
We offer a temporary post of Administrative Assistant for a period of approximately 10 months. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate will serve as a temporary technical and support staff under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration. The description of tasks is as follows:
- Coordination of administrative procedures for local staff and adequate filing (including issue and follow-up of various administrative notes and reports, notably the Welcome Package.
- Assistance in Protocol, Consular and Customs issues and adequate filing.
- Assistance to the Car Management Coordinator.
- Assistance to the Delegation Co-Fo (internal trainings).
- Contact point for negotiations of Hotel corporate contracts.
- Electronic and physical filing of accounting files.
- Any administrative related files, as instructed by the Head of Administration.
The place of employment is located in Russia, Moscow. The weekly working hours are 37.5h. The vacant post is a temporary Local Agent Group III post of a duration of approximately 10 months. Basic gross salary of a Local Agent Group III is 92.898 RUB.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Native Russian and professional fluency in English with the ability to translate and interpret between the two languages;
- College degree;
- At least 3 years work experience that is content wise or functionally relevant.
- Intellectual skills:
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritise
- Sense of initiative as regards the day-to-day work
- Interpersonal skills:
- Ability to listen and understand, to consult and to share information and ideas and to report
- Team player
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Competent in office applications (such as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
The following will be considered an asset:
- University degree preferably in Administration;
- Work experience of dealing administrative issues;
- Knowledge of other EU languages.
- Commitment to quality and accuracy in performing duties;
- High degree of conscientiousness and sense of responsibility.
- Flexibility to endure under pressure and to respond swiftly to new demands.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to
mentioning in the subject line the referenceyour Family Name – Name – TEMPORARY ADMIN ASSISTANT.
The application e-mail shall include a cover letter in English, a detailed CV in English, and a letter of recommendation from a previous employer in English.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the temporary post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
Deadline for applications : 20 February 2022, 17h00 (GMT +3)