CORPORATE SPONSORSHIP FOR EU RECEPTION on 1/12/2022
TERMS OF REFERENCE
The European Union (EU) Delegation to Saudi Arabia hosts its annual reception of end of the year on 01st December 2022. The event will start at 19 pm, end at 12 pm, and take place at the Residence of the EU Ambassador located in the Diplomatic Quarter (DQ) of Riyadh.
The event will be a cocktail-style reception. The estimated number of guests will be 200. This event will be attended by diplomats, local authorities and business representatives.
This event is an excellent opportunity for companies/organisations (sponsor) to promote their image, brands/activities through corporate sponsorship-collaboration with the European Union Delegation to Saudi Arabia.
- Nature and activities of the Sponsor should be in line with the principles, values and commitments of the European Union;
- Nature and activities of the Sponsor should not undermine EU policies in such areas as foreign policy, social, health and environment;
- The Sponsor could be public or private organisations and companies;
- Sponsors cannot entail a possible conflict with the mission and objectives of the European Union;
- The Sponsor must not be in a situation referred to in Articles 136 (1) and 141 (1) of the EU Financing Regulation1. For this, the Sponsor is requested to provide the attached declaration on honour on exclusion and selection criteria.
What can sponsors expect from the European Union Delegation
- By signing the Corporate Sponsoring Agreement the parties agree on the terms and conditions for the corporate sponsoring;
- The sponsors will be provided with exposure and visibility in the following ways:
- a. Sponsors can expect their names/logo to be mentioned on the venue of the reception;
- b. Sponsors can expect their names/logo to be imprinted on invitation cards;
- c. Sponsors can expect the Head of Delegation to acknowledge their contribution in his speech;
- d. Sponsors will be provided with a stand in the entry hall of the event and may distribute to participants promotional material of their activities;
- e. Sponsors will not be allowed to active marketing of their product/services nor be authorized to have sales personnel present for promotional activities during the event.
Commitments of the sponsor:
Those who are selected as sponsors will be invited to contribute to the reception on 1st December 2022 in form of services or supply of goods. Only contributions in-kind will be accepted. Financial contributions are prohibited by the Financial Rules of the European Institutions.
Contributions could include:
- Provision of various products, such as promotion materials, food catering inclusive of cutlery and crockery, napkins, drinks inclusive of champagne, wine and drinking glasses, sound system, flowers.
- Provision of services, such as venue with cocktail tables, buffet tables, seating tables and chairs.
- Provision of staff support, such as waiters, event coordinator on site
Sponsors may suggest other form of sponsorship in-kind.
Sponsors must declare the value in Euro of the in-kind provided goods and/or services. Sponsors should be aware that the EEAS registers all sponsorships above 1.000 EUR and registers and publishes all sponsorships above 5.000 EUR on the Delegations web-sites and official website of the EEAS2.
Sponsors will not have a say on the substance of the event.
Submission of proposals, Review & Selection
- Sponsors must submit their proposal exclusively by electronic mail to DELEGATION-SAUDI-ARABIA-TENDERS@eeas.europa.eu no later than 10th November 2022 at 24h00.
- The European Union Delegation to Saudi Arabia will review the applications and will determine the organizations/companies that best align with the core objective of the event to be sponsored. Selection criteria include the sponsorship appeal in terms of goods or services provided and coherence between the sponsored event and promotion of the sponsor.
- The European Union Delegation to Saudi Arabia reserves the right not to accept proposals which, because of the nature of the sponsorship or of the sponsor's activities, are deemed incompatible with the institutional role of the European Union. The European Union Delegation to Saudi Arabia also reserves the right to refuse any sponsorship not deemed consistent with the purpose of the reception
 Regulation (EU, Euratom) 2018/1046 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 18 July 2018 on the financial rules applicable to the general budget of the Union, amending Regulations (EU) No 1296/2013, (EU) No 1301/2013, (EU) No 1303/2013, (EU) No 1304/2013, (EU) No 1309/2013, (EU) No 1316/2013, (EU) No 223/2014, (EU) No 283/2014, and Decision No 541/2014/EU and repealing Regulation (EU, Euratom) No 966/2012
 Sponsors should be aware that the EEAS processes personal data in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Regulation (EC) No 45/2001 and Decision No 1247/2002/EC. In case personal data needs to be transmitted to any sponsors, as recipient, the organisation is required to ensure the same level of data protection guaranteed by the EU data protection framework, and in particular Regulation (EU) 2018/1725.
Sponsors must submit their proposal exclusively by electronic mail to DELEGATION-SAUDI-ARABIA-TENDERS@eeas.europa.eu