Call for Funded Traineeship for Young Graduates at EU Delegation to RoK
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in the Republic of Korea?
Traineeship of up to 6 months within the following sections of the EU Delegation to the Republic of Korea, starting in October 2022:
Traineeship in the Political, Press and Information Section (PPI): Public Relations (PR), Communication, Cultural Events, Social Media Contents
The Press and Information (P&I) Trainee in the PPI Section will contribute to the work of the Delegation by assisting the Press and Information Officer in organising public diplomacy events, cultural events, creating social media contents, monitoring and managing feedback on social media to raise visibility of the EU and its Delegation's communication work. An important function is carrying out press, information and communication activities. The successful candidate should have high interest in the Public Relations(PR) activities. Necessary skills and experiences such as in photography, graphic designs, photoshop, filming and editing will be an added asset.
- Support PR and media activities, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter;
- Brainstorm, create and analyse social media contents, come up with ready-made contents;
- Coordinate with Member States to develop concept to increase EU visibility;
- Draft press digests and information bulletins;
- Attend and Participate in meetings, cultural and visibility events, seminars and conferences in the Republic of Korea for social media contents;
- Support the Section in the preparation of visits, missions and meetings as well as follow-up actions.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough, only applicants currently residing in the Republic of Korea will be considered.
- Knowledge of professional Korean is essential.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address Delegation-Rep-of-Korea-Vacancies@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- A cover letter describing why you want to participate in the EU traineeship
- And an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI - Press and Information.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Korea must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.