The European Union Delegation to the Republic of Korea is looking for a: Driver
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The role of the Delegation of the European Union to the Republic of Korea includes:
- To represent the Union, as appropriate, in the Republic of Korea;
- To inform the European Union on political, social, economic, external relations and trade developments in the Republic of Korea and, in this regard, to maintain contact with the principal players in the fields of politics and public life generally, the economy, business, civil society and higher education;
- To ensure a smooth and fruitful development of bilateral relations in the political, economic and co-operation fields and to seek to develop and encourage initiatives to promote cooperation under the Framework Agreement;
- To monitor and ensure implementation of the EU-Republic of Korea Free Trade Agreement;
- To promote and protect the EU’s interests and values and to spread knowledge and raise awareness of developments in the EU, its policies, purposes and aims with a view to engendering a better understanding of EU affairs and establishing a higher profile for the EU;
- To promote the EU’s policies in all areas;
- To foster close co-operation on EU matters with Member States’ missions via regular meetings at Ambassador, Counsellor, Information and Administration Officer levels;
- To carry out press and information activities in pursuit of the above objectives.
We offer a specific job function as Driver. Under this post, the recruited person will be also attributed other functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function, the successful candidate supports the Delegation as driver for the official transportation of staff and certain visitors of the Delegation, deliver mail and goods to other Embassies or Ministries, ensure maintenance of car. This job function maybe changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. The tasks and assignments take place under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Delegation and Head of Administration. The successful candidate will also support the Delegation on other administrative, logistical and operational tasks.
The Delegation has currently two driver positions and has three cars available. Place of employment is Seoul, in the premises of the Delegation of the EU to the Republic of Korea. Employment is on a full-time basis, with 37.5 weekly working hours in a dynamic and multi-cultural environment. Working time for drivers will be organized in a weekly (Monday to Friday) two shift system. The Group in the salary scale for the position of Driver is Group 5 with a starting monthly basic salary of KRW 2 723 674. Final salary step will depend on the number of years of relevant professional experience.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Excellent knowledge of Korean and English language, capacity to communicate clearly and confidently in English;
- High school or above. Korean driving license
- Minimum 3 years working experience in Korea as a driver;
- Knowledge of basic IT skills (Microsoft Office package)
The following will be considered as an asset:
- Special training as driver like defensive driving, driving armoured cars, driving on snow/ice.
- Having a technical knowledge about cars and building infrastructure
- Knowledge of other European languages than English
- Capacity to adapt quickly to changing circumstances and needs
- Working experience in a multicultural environment such as Embassy, international organisation, multinational company
- Knowledge of the European Union and its institutions
- Personal initiative, flexibility, well organized and able to perform duties independently with speed and accuracy without needing constant supervision;
- Team player and able to adapt in a multi-cultural environment;
- High degree of integrity and ethics able to deal with confidential information.
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to Delegation-Rep-of-Korea-Vacancies@eeas.europa.eu . The package should include a cover letter, and a detailed CV (using the Europass template on the following link: https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/). Under subject, please indicate “Driver Vacancy”.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to Delegation-Rep-of-Korea-Vacancies@eeas.europa.eu .
The deadline for applications is: 15 August 2022.
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post based on a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.