The Delegation of the European Union in Khartoum, Sudan announces the vacant position for Driver
Job Title: Driver
Job location: Delegation Sudan
Area of Activity: Administration Section
Category: AL 5
Reporting to: Team Leader/ Head of Section
To transport persons, goods and/or documents.
Functions and Duties:
- Logistics support – Transport of persons, goods and/or documents
- Drive Delegation cars with respect for rules of the road, road signs, legislation…
- Take care of the car for which he or she is responsible.
- Punctuality in driving and picking up officials or local staff for meetings.
- Drive the HoD and officials to evening events.
- Drive the HoD and officials on missions
- Dispatch mails to ECHO, the embassies, Ministers, NGO’s, Check vehicles every day for oil, water and tyres as directed by the Administrative Assistant
- Inform the Administrative Assistant about the condition of vehicles.
- Must have a valid General driving licence
- Related experience: at least 5 years
- Fluency in Arabic.
- Good command of English.
- Basic computer literacy and ability to use Google Maps or similar apps.
- Knowledge of driving rules, regulations, and skills in minor vehicle repairs.
- Knowledge of communication equipment such radio, GPS.
- Knowledge of protocol rules and procedures.
- Communication: Ability to understand and to be understood in English and Arabic
- Delivering quality and results,
- Ability to identify user’s needs
- Resilience, Stress resilience
- Working with others, Confidentiality
A contract of employment will be concluded for an open-ended period, subject to a successful completion of a 3 months’ probation period. Employment is expected to start as soon as possible. A competitive salary will be offered to the suitable candidate, based on the salary-grid for Local Agent Group 5 in the European Union Delegation to Sudan, depending on number of years of relevant professional experience, plus transport allowance, provident fund and complementary sickness insurance. The recruited local agent should be available to travel for training and missions. The European Union is an equal opportunities employer and pays particular attention to gender balance in the workplace.
How to apply
Application in English should include detailed CV (preferably, EU format- see https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/sudan_en) with three professional references, without copies of degrees and employment certificates at this stage to be sent by e-mail to the following e-mail address: (Delegationemail@example.com)with the title of e-mail “Application vacant position Driver”.
The deadline for applications is (11 October 2022, 16:00 pm).