Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Sudan
The deadline for submitting applications is 25/03/2023
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Sudan?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press & Information Section of the EU Delegation to Sudan, starting in May 2023, subject to availability of budget.
The main tasks of the Political Section include organising of political meetings, press interviews and reporting on Sudan. The section plays an important role in advising the development and humanitarian sections on the political developments in Sudan. The section also works closely with EU Members States in Sudan.
- Assist with the analysis of the political situation;
- Monitoring of local media regarding, in particular, domestic and foreign policies including rule of law, human rights and governance;
- Participation in and follow-up of events
- Contribute to specific tasks of the political section such as research, note taking, contact with various interlocutors, update of mailing key lists, etc.
- Participate in implementing the communication strategy of the delegation, particularly on social media
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the current situation in Sudan, applicants currently residing in the nearby of Khartoum will only be considered (Based on the document “Guidance for traineeships in Delegations”, to be modified if necessary)
- At least a BA in international relations, political science, law or communication
- Fluent in English and Arabic
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com(link sends e-mail) and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press & Information Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.