Project Officer Technical and Vocational Education and Training
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENTThe Delegation of the European Union in Khartoum, Sudan announces the vacant position forProject Officer Technical and Vocational Education and Training
Deadline 8th March 2022
Job Title: Project ManagerJob location: Delegation SudanArea of Activity: Cooperation SectionCategory: AL 1Reporting to: Team Leader/ Head of Section
Overall responsibilities:To advise on and manage, under the supervision of the Team Leader the implementation of projects/programmes of development assistance and of financial and technical cooperation with Sudan in the field of job creation, Technical and Vocational Education and Training (TVET), Decent Work with Migration and forced displacement as a cross-cutting issue.
Functions and Duties:Sector analysis, strategy formulation and programming
- Support policy dialogue with all relevant ministries, agencies, donors and other relevant stakeholders in all areas of concern.
- Contribute to sector analysis and to the definition of a sector strategy for the EU Delegation for the respective focal/concentration sectors.
Project cycle management
- Contribute to the programming, identification and appraisal in close cooperation with the beneficiary institution(s) in Sudan, when such programmes are decided in the programming process.
- Contribute to all aspects of the procurement process (drafting Terms of Reference, launching tenders, managing and monitoring calls for proposals, tenders, evaluation and selection of projects).
- Monitor ongoing projects, attend management and monitoring meetings, elaborate progress reports on projects and propose action if needed.
- Ensure follow-up of the implementation of projects and the performance of implementing partners, monitoring contractual obligations (via periodic reviews, audits reporting and assistance, etc.)
- Give an "operational visa" where required (payments, contracts, addenda and tender dossiers).
Reporting to Headquarters
- Contribute to regular and timely reporting (including early warnings on potential disputes) to Headquarters (EAMR, BPC, sector specific issues, as well as in response to any specific requests).
Communication relating to programme and projects
- Maintain good and effective contacts with the local operators in the field, with the national authorities and institutions, with representatives of the diplomatic missions of the Member States, with representatives of the principal international donors, with NGOs and other local non-official actors.
- Assist in producing and disseminating the results of projects at workshops, seminars, conferences and other public events.
- Assist in disseminating best practices and facilitate exchange of experiences.
- Contribute to the production of publications.
- University degree in Economy, Social Sciences, Business Administration or any related field an asset.
- Related experience: at least 5 years
- Fluency in English and Arabic is required
- Knowledge of other EU official language will be an advantage.
- Rules and procedures concerning calls for proposals, calls for tenders, contracts,
- Risk Analysis, assessment and management
- Programme planning and evaluation
- Project monitoring methods and techniques
- Ability to conceptualise problems, identify and implement solutions
- Capacity to analyse and structure information
- Ability to communicate in meetings
- Drafting skills
- Negotiation skills
- Capacity to deliver in a structured way
- Ability to work within a team, to share ideas and information.
- Capacity to plan and manage resources
- Supervision, monitoring and appraisal abilities
Conditions offeredA contract of employment will be concluded for an open-ended period, subject to a successful completion of a 3 months’ probation period. Employment is expected to start as soon as possible. A competitive salary will be offered to the suitable candidate, based on the salary-grid for Local Agent Group I in the European Union Delegation to Sudan, depending on number of years of relevant professional experience, plus transport allowance, provident fund and complementary sickness insurance. The recruited local agent should be available to travel for training and missions.
How to applyApplication in English should include detailed CV (preferably EU format- see https://eeas.europa.eu/delegations/sudan_en) with three professional references, without copies of degrees and employment certificates at this stage and a cover letter describing your motivation, to be sent by e-mail to the following e-mail address: (Delegation-Sudan-LocalRecruit@eeas.europa.eu)with the title of e-mail “Application vacant position Project Officer Technical and Vocational Education and Training.” The deadline for applications is 8TH March 2022.