TAIWAN: Temporary Trade Policy Assistant - Trade Section - Local Agent Group 2
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to that of an embassy.
The European Economic and Trade Office in Taiwan (EETO) represents the European Union in Taiwan. The EETO works in close coordination with the offices of the 27 EU Member States. We represent the European Union in fostering relations with Taiwan in areas that are part of the EU’s remit.
The post of Temporary Trade Policy Assistant (Local Agent Group 2) in the Trade Section of the EETO. The team consists of 4 people and there are occasional atypical working hours. Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Office, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of the Trade Section, and the overall responsibility of the Head of Office, providing support, expertise and assistance in the field of economic and trade matters.
The following main tasks and duties are currently required:
- Task 1: assist in monitoring, analysing and preparing reports on Taiwan’s economic situation and trade policy and regulatory framework;
- Task 2: assist in organising visits and meetings with authorities and business associations, as well as to organise trade seminars and other events;
The base salary will depend on relevant and verified employment experience, typically starting from TWD 73,222.
The expected start date will be 1 February 2023 and the expected duration will be five months.
Minimum requirements/eligibility criteria (necessary for the application to be considered)
- Minimum of secondary level diploma or equivalent;
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in a relevant field and/or a certificate/diploma in a relevant field;
- Working knowledge (B2) of English and excellent knowledge of Chinese (C2);
- Right to reside and work in Taiwan
- Medical fitness to carry out the tasks assigned
Assets/selection criteria (basis for awarding points to select the best applicant)
- Very good analytical capability as well as drafting and reporting skills. Rapid grasp of problems and capacity to identify issues and solutions;
- Strong sense of responsibility. Ability to work in a proactive and autonomous way and as part of a small team;
- Very good language skills (written, oral) in English and Chinese;
- Team work fluency, high flexibility, and capacity to work and communicate clearly under pressure and in a multilingual and multicultural environment;
- Work history (or network of connections or similar) in the area of relations with external stakeholders, events and public relations.
- Knowledge/experience of EU policies, of international relations, of inner workings of Taiwan’s economy;
Please submit your application, comprising a cover letter, Europass format CV and a declaration on honour regarding your good standing and right to reside and work in Taiwan via email to DELEGATION-TAIWAN-RECRUITEMENT@eeas.europa.eu indicating in the Subject line “YOUR FAMILY NAME – your name – Temporary Trade Policy Assistant” no later than 17h00 on Tuesday, 29 November 2022 (Taiwan time). Only complete applications received on time via the email address above will be considered.
The successful candidate will be subject to a medical check.
The deadline for receipt of applications is 17h00 on Tuesday, 29 November 2022 (Taiwan time).
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted to the Selection by the Committee set up for this purpose.
Depending on the number of applications received, successive phases of Selection may include shortlisting of candidates based assessment of the information provided in the cover letter and CV; practical testing and interviews. At least 2 of the best candidates will be invited to the final interview.
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually. The EETO will use the same means of publication as for this job advertisement to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The EETO will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure. During the selection process, please do not contact the members of the Selection Committee, but address your questions and comments to DELEGATION-TAIWAN-RECRUITEMENT@eeas.europa.eu.