Energy Sector Reform Programme
- Modernization of TANESCO for more effective operations, customer care and grid maintenance through technical assistance and supply of equipment, creation of capacities through trainings.
- Technical assistance to the Ministry of Energy, for reinforcing the capacities in policy and planning.
- Technical assistance to the National Bureau of Statistics (NBS) for generation and dissemination of data and statistics on energy.
- Technical assistance to the Energy and Water Utilities Regulatory Authority (EWURA) for updating the regulatory framework in energy.
- Improved regulation and planning in the energy sector.
- Modernization of TANESCO for a better customer-oriented service.
- Distribution of smart meters.
- Continuous training of TANESCO staff, improved capacities of maintenance and repairing of the grid.
- Production and publication of energy related data and statistics.