EU-EAC Market Access Upgrade Programme (MARKUP)
- Trainings covering issues such as EU market requirements, access to finance and industry certifications for selected SMEs exporting coffee, tea, cocoa, spices, avocado and other horticultural products.
- Supporting private companies to participate in selected international trade shows and online networking events to secure new markets and investments.
- Simplifying import and export procedures and regulations in the region by increasing transparency and identifying areas for improvement.
- EAC’s efforts to harmonise selected products standards are promoted and aligned with international market requirements.
- Reduce trading costs within the EAC to make it easier for goods to move across borders.
- Regional SMEs endorsed through industry certifications, value addition and improved access to finance.
- Strengthen service delivery to private sector and other stakeholders by working with Trade and Investment Support Institutions and Business Support Organisations in the region to secure investments.
EUR 40M (103.61 Billion TZS)
Agriculture & Food Security
UNIDO, International Trade Centre (ITC), Institute for University Cooperation (ICU), Uganda Coffee Development Authority (UCDA), Solidaridad
EUR 35M (90.66 Billion TZS)