MDG Initiative - Urban Water Supply and Sanitation Interventions in Kigoma, Lindi and Sumbawanga Towns
- Upgrading of potable water production, treatment and distribution infrastructures.
- Training of technical and administration staff of Urban Water & Sanitation Authorities.
- Upgrading of on-site sanitation systems in Kigoma, Lindi and Sumbawanga.
- Increased capacity to manage water resources in Urban Water Sanitation Authorities.
- The quality of water will comply with international standards.
- Overall living conditions of the people improved.
- 502,000 people will have access to water supply services.
- 144,000 people will have access to improved sanitation services.
Kigoma, Lindi and Sumbawanga
Total Budget: EUR 61M (158 Billion TZS)
Transport & Infrastructure
EU and KfW Development bank
KfW Development bank
Ministry of Water and Irrigation (MoWI)
EU grant: EUR 51M (132.10 Billion TZS)