Passport to Coffee Export (PACE) project
Sector: Agriculture (Coffee)
Lead Partner: Solidaridad East and Central Africa
Other Partners: Tanzania Coffee Research Institute (TaCRI); Envirocare
Budget: EUR 5 879 995
EU Contribution: EUR 5 148 000
Duration: 2020 - 2024
The project seeks to:
- Improve Tanzanian coffee productivity and food security.
- Build the capacity of smallholder farmers, farmer associations and cooperatives in Tanzania towards institutional strengthening and professionalism.
- Improve gender-relations and youth empowerment along the value chain.
- Improve the competitiveness of Tanzanian coffee in domestic, regional and global markets by enhancing export performance.
- Enhance private sector development in the coffee sector, locally, regionally and internationally.
By the end of the project, the following result areas will be achieved:
- Increased average household income from coffee related enterprises.
- Decent jobs for women and youth created in the coffee sector in Tanzania.
- Improved demand for sustainably produced and processed coffee in Tanzania.
Agriculture et sécurité alimentaire