Tax Modernization Programme
- Implementation of Data Centre to ensure well functioning ICT systems.
- Trainings and workshops to introduce a service culture at TRA.
- Improving communication with taxpayer by implementing a communication strategy.
- Implement a strategy to strengthen the quality of internal audit at TRA.
- Implement a strategy that identifies and addresses the most frequent forms of non-compliance amongst taxpayers.
- Increased tax revenue collection through voluntary compliance.
- Reduced costs of compliance.
- Improved reliability and availability of TRA systems, e.g. for e-filing, to make paying taxes easier.
- Improve service delivery to taxpayers through a better service culture, communication and improved feedback mechanisms.
- 16.7% increase in tax revenues.
- >90% of taxpayers file taxes online.
- Improved taxpayer communication and feedback mechanisms
- High Availability Data Centre procured.
- Strategy to identify and address non-compliance of taxpayers adopted.