Vacancy : OPERATIONAL ASSISTANT (Group III)
(Please see the end of the document for PDF versions of this Announcement, the Terms of Reference, the Definition of Competency, and the Europass CV template)
REF: OA 10/2021
The European Commission’s Directorate General for European Civil Protection and Humanitarian Aid Operations (ECHO) funds relief operations for victims of natural disasters and conflicts outside the European Union. For humanitarian aid, the Commission works with about 200 operational partners, including United Nations agencies, the Red Cross/Crescent movement and non-governmental organizations (NGOs). Humanitarian Aid is channelled impartially, straight to victims, regardless of their race, ethnic group, religion, gender, age, nationality or political affiliation.
ECHO Regional Office in Bangkok announces a position for an Operational Assistant (OA) for its office based in Bangkok. This position is open to nationals and other residents of Thailand with valid work and residence permits.
DG ECHO applies a policy of equal opportunities. Our recruitment policy is based on respect of diversity, maintaining the gender balance, as well as the balance between professional and private life, and support for training and developments opportunities.
We welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons.
As a part of a dynamic team, the Operational Assistant efficiently assists and contributes to the tasks of the team assigned, through support, research and analysis activities.
- Seconday Education
Knowledge and Experience:
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience at national or international level in secretarial / assistance positions;
- Relevant experience in programme/project operations would be an asset;
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Good communication skills;
- Capable of working under pressure in a multitasking position;
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment;
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc).
- Fluency in English (verbal & writing).
- An excellent knowledge of Thai (verbal & writing)
Applications MUST comprise of:
- a cover letter (maximum of 1 page) setting out the candidate’s motivation and suitability for the position;
- a detailed CV (maximum of 3 pages) in the
- academic and employment certificates certified true copy by the applicant;
- The name, position and contact number/details (telephone, e-mail) of three references (including HR department and the supervisor), one of them being a recent employer;
- a copy of the valid work and residence permit to live and work in Thailand (in case of non-Thai)
The contract is initially for one year with possibility of renewal subject to a 3 months’ probationary period. After two consecutive definite-term contracts, an indefinite-term employment will be automatically received.
ECHO employees observe the National Staff code of Conduct which is available on the link: https://ec.europa.eu/echo/sites/echo-site/files/code_of_conduct_for_national_staff.pdf
The contract is expected to start in January 2022. As an indication, the monthly basic salary at step 4 of group III is THB. 72,688 which corresponds to the minimum required experience in the vacancy and will be adapted according to the exact duration of relevant professional experience supported by a work certificate. Besides the basic salary, the employee will receive disability / retirement allowance, a 13th salary, transportation allowance, as well as a medical coverage. (The salary is subject to local taxes).
HOW TO APPLY
Applications should be sent by email to email@example.com until 17:00hrs (Bangkok time) on 24/10/2021 at the latest. The reference of the position “Operational Assistant (REF: OA 10/2021)”, must be clearly indicated in the subject line.
Only the short-listed candidates will be contacted. They will have to bring the full supporting documentation in original with them during the testing or interview stage. Candidates who will not have been contacted by 07/11/2021 should consider that they have not been selected.
Any form of canvassing, soliciting or influencing will be treated as grounds for disqualification.
“Any processing of your personal data will be done in accordance with the applicable EU legislation (Regulation (EU) 2018/1725 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 23 October 2018 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data by the Union institutions, bodies, offices and agencies and on the free movement of such data.”
The privacy statement can be found on ECHO website.