The European Union Delegation to Ukraine, Kyiv is looking for: Office Support Agent in the Operations Section (Selection completed)
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Ukraine, Kyiv works in close coordination with the Embassies and Consulates of the 27 EU Member States. We are a fully-fledged diplomatic mission and represent the European Union in dealings with the Ukrainian government in areas that are part of the EU’s remit.
The post of the Office Support Agent (Local Agent Group 4) in the Delegation’s Operations Section. The team consists of 3 people and there are occasional atypical working hours.
Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Cooperation, providing support, expertise and assistance in communication activities of the Operations team.
Following main tasks and duties are currently required:
- Keeping track of events and handling associated communication materials
- Maintenance of project database
- Administration of EU Digitool System
- EU Delegation website content management, occasionally social media management
- Administrative assistance on all communication contracts
- Arranging meetings as requested
- Handling the correspondence and calendar of events
- Any other administrative task as requested
There is a competitive benefits package, subject to certain conditions, including personal leave days and public holidays, health insurances and a retirement savings plan.
The expected start date will be 1 December 2022.
Minimum requirements / eligibility criteria (necessary for the application to be considered)
- Completed secondary education;
- Minimum of 3 years of job-related experience;
- Working knowledge (B2) of English needed; fluent Ukrainian (C1);
- Right to residence and work in Ukraine;
- Medical fitness to carry out the tasks assigned.
Assets / selection criteria (basis for awarding points to select the best applicant)
- Demonstrated level of time management and interpersonal skills;
- Experience with maintaining databases and/or processing and coordination of project data;
- Experience with website management strong asset, social media management experience an asset
- Experience with EU projects a strong asset
- Demonstrated capacity of organizing and coordinating meetings and agendas an asset
- Team work fluency, high flexibility, and capacity to work under pressure;
- High level of computer skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Zoom/Webex etc.)
How to apply
Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter, Europass format CV https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ and a declaration on honor regarding the work rights and medical fitness via the Email: DELEGATION-UKRAINE-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu (Reference: Office Support Agent job) no later than 31/12/2022 (new deadline). Only complete applications received on time via : DELEGATION-UKRAINE-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu will be considered.
The successful candidate will be subject to a medical check.
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted to the Selection by the Committee set up for this purpose.
Depending on the number of applications received, successive phases of Selection may include shortlisting of candidates based on assessment of the information provided in the cover letter and the CV and interviews. Three best candidates will be invited to the final interview phase of the Selection.
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually. The Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this job advertisement to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure. During the selection process, please do not contact the members of the Selection Committee, but address your questions and comments to DELEGATION-UKRAINE-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu.