Local Coordinator in Ukraine for PPRD East programme
PPRD East 3 started in 2020 with the purpose to strengthen disaster risk reduction and crises management in the Eastern Partnership countries and to promote regional cooperation among the partnership countries and with the EU Civil Protection Mechanism. The 3rd phase of the programme will be implemented during the years 2020-2024 and is operational in Armenia, Azerbaijan, Georgia, Moldova and Ukraine.
The target group for the programme are civil protection authorities and key ministries other relevant public sector stakeholders, the scientific community, civil society and the private sector in the partner countries.
The programme is implemented by a group of consortium partners - the Swedish Civil Contingencies Agency (MSB) as the lead organisation, Emergency Services Academy Finland (ESAF), Ministry of Interior of the Slovak Republic – Section of Crisis Management (SKR MV SR), Centro Internazionale in Monitoraggio Ambientale (CIMA) and the Italian Red Cross (CRI). The team of experts is led by the Team Leader from the duty station in Tbilisi. The team Leader works closely with the programme management team based in Sweden.
The Local Coordinator will work under direct supervision of the Team Leader.
Work tasks include following:
- Provide support in the operationalization within the Ukrainian Hydrometeorological Center of models and tools developed within the PPRD EAST 3.
- Support the drafting of Standard Operative Procedures with specific reference to the transmission of a daily impact based forecast amidst Civil Protection institutions and Civil Society Organization.
- Developing and maintaining close working contacts and relationships between the programme management team and other stakeholders involved in the activities.
- Ensuring administration procedures and documentation are followed according to PPRD East 3 programme guidelines.
- Support in translation/interpretation from Ukrainian to English and vice versa during and in the preparation of activities.
- Drafting and editing meeting minutes, assisting the Team Leader in editing quarterly project reports, work plans and any other relevant documents.
- Draft and disseminate communication materials for social media and other visibility platforms.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the Team Leader as required.
- Inform the PPRD Team Leader of possible synergies with other ongoing national and international initiatives.
- When the situation allows, assisting in logistical arrangements of experts’ missions, organisation of trainings, seminars, workshops, and other project events taking place in Ukraine e.g. booking of accommodation, venue, catering etc.
A successful candidate for this post is expected to possess:
- Experience of working in the field of Crisis Management
- At least 3 years of relevant working experience related to the Ukrainian Early Warning System, preferably as meteorologist of hydrologist.
- Strong communication skills with experience of using digital tools for communication purposes (Social media platforms, Zoom etc.)
- Strong computer skills with proven experience of using Office tools (Word, Excel, Power Point etc.).
- Structured approach to addressing tasks, strong admin skills and working in an organised way.
- Experience of working in multi-cultural environment with high level participation
- Experience of working with trainings and exercises in the field of Crisis Management
- Experience of work with volunteering organization and/or Civil Society Organizations involved in Civil Protection initiatives in Ukraine
- Experience of spoken and written translation Ukrainian to English and vice versa
University degree in meteorology/hydrology or other study relevant to the assignment , Or a combination of more generic university degree with specific relevant experience
Proficiency written and spoken English and Ukrainian (preferably mother tongue) is a mandatory requirement.
It is of utmost priority that the candidate understands, respect and acts in the spirit of the mandate and core values of the EU, MSB and the programme. The candidate must possess a high level of professional and personal maturity, especially in relation to the conflict sensitivity in the region. An ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with the Team Leader, programme management, partner organisations, experts as well as external partners. The candidate has an out-going personality and enjoy working in a multi-cultural environment, demonstrates initiative, is flexible and solution-oriented and feel comfortable working in a high pace working environment. Social qualities such as responsive communication and interpersonal skills are considered essential. Cultural, gender and conflict sensitivity are essential for this position.
- Consultancy position, contracting on a basis of a service contract. The candidate is expected to have a status of self-employed/legal entity.
- The position is part-time occupation and service contract will be signed for one year with possibility for extension. The extension will be offered on the basis of a mid-term evaluation.
- A gross monthly part-time salary of 700 EUR for a 50% working week.
- The programmes strive to work within normal office hours, however, since the programme cover several countries in different time zones, flexibility in working time is expected. Travels in Ukraine as well as international travel might occur.
Content of the offer
The offer from the supplier shall include:
- Contact details of the Supplier. Bidders need to have the status of legal entity. (fill in Annex 3)
- For the candidate the following is needed:
- Personal letter including a description how the requirements stated above are being fulfilled
- List of references from two previous employers/contractors.
- Earliest date when the candidate can start.
Application and selection process
If you are interested in this position, please send the required information per e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the reference: Local Coordinator UKRAINE, at the latest 30 November.
In case of any questions regarding this position please mail your question to email@example.com.
The selection process will be conducted in two steps.
- In the first step, we will evaluate the candidates’ CV and how well the required qualifications for the position are fulfilled.
- A number of shortlisted candidates who fulfil all qualifications will be called for an interview via Zoom.
The final selection of Supplier will be based on the following ranked criteria:
- Fulfilment of the required experiences stated above: 50 %
- Interviews with the candidates with focus on interpersonal skills: 50 %
The selected candidate must have a status of self-employed/legal entity. It will be his/her sole responsibility to comply with all legal requirements for self-employment as well as to cover all related taxes, charges including insurance.