Project Coordinator SME Promotion and Local/ Regional Economic Development
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) in Ukraine is seeking qualified professionals for the project “Utilization and implementation of the Association agreement between the EU and Ukraine in the field of trade/ EU4Business: SME Competitiveness and Internationalisation” (hereafter “Project”) for its office in Dnipro to fill the positions of the Project Coordinator SME Promotion and Local/ Regional Economic Development
Area of responsibilities
- planning and coordinating of the Project’s activities in the field of SME Promotion in Central Ukraine (Dnipro office)
- implementing of daily operational aspects of all issues related to SME Promotion/ local/ regional promotion and the project in general
- maintaining of a good flow of communication and information between all involved institutions and counterparts and GIZ
- liaising with project partners to plan and implement project activities (Business Intermediary Organizations, Clusters, Local Economic Promotion).
- accompanying Financing measures of the Project with recipients.
- preparing, implementing and documenting project activities such as training events, workshops, forums, expert missions etc.
- elaborating technical documents for project activities.
- coordinating the use of office and transport capacities in accordance with the agreement on the use of facilities at the relevant office location
- responsibility for approving and controlling expenses for project activities in accordance with the prevailing provisions
- assisting national and international advisers in carrying out their work
- assisting the project with all organisational and management issues
Requirements to candidates
- Master‘s degree in economics or in an area that is related to the project/programme objectives, with a focus on a relevant field (equivalent to MA)
- At least 5 years of professional experience in a comparable position
- At least 2 years of professional experience in SME promotion on the local/ regional level obtained in an international organization, a public entity, or an industrial association.
- Ability and experience (at least 2 years) to work in a political environment.
- Business fluent command of Ukrainian, Russian and English language (verbally and written)
- Knowledge of German would be an advantage.
- Experience in innovation promotion or working in an innovative company (e.g. in an innovative start-up, an R&D department or a strategy department) would be an advantage.
- Experience in the private sector, especially in an SME would be an advantage.
- Good working knowledge of ITC technologies and computer applications (e.g. MS Office)
- Experienced to work in an international team
- Good self-organisation skills
- Customer and service-oriented attitude
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed
- Ability to work under pressure
Full-time position with 40-hours working week until May 2024. Place of assignment is Dnipro. Some travel within Ukraine is possible.
GIZ is an equal opportunity employer and offers an attractive and challenging working environment with opportunities for skill enhancement.
Application comprising of the candidate's CV and a cover letter in the English language explaining the motivation to apply for the job is to be sent to HR-UA@giz.de until COB on 3rd December, 2021.
By sending the application the candidate gives the consent for the personal data processing for recruitment processes solely.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the next stages of the recruitment process.