Project Officer (Operations Section 3)
The post of Project Officer (Local Agent Group 1) in the Delegation’s Operations Section 3. The team consists of 11 people and there are occasional atypical working hours.
Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Operations Section 3, providing support, expertise and assistance in preparation, implementation and coordination of EU-funded projects with a focus on activities in the area of energy.
Following main tasks and duties are currently required:
- To conduct conceptual reflections and assist in elaborating work programmes, strategic documents and new approaches in the area of energy,
- To participate in and support preparation of policy dialogue with relevant ministries, agencies, donors and other relevant stakeholders in the same area,
- To provide analytical, statistical or any other input for EC funded programming and implementation, as well as for their development in the same area.
Programme/project management (finance, budget and control)
- To initiate launching, to assist in the management and the monitoring of calls for proposals/tenders, evaluation and selection of projects; to prepare Terms of Reference and to initiate procurement process,
- To ensure the follow-up of project implementation, also by means of the IT tools developed / provided, the performance of project contractors and partners, monitoring contractual obligations, gathering and handling external expertise,
- To analyse and assess project results, notably through project reports, and proceed with payment requests,
- To interact and co-ordinate with beneficiary institutions, national / regional authorities and administrations, other donors and other relevant stakeholders in the areas of responsibility.
Evaluation and Audit
• To assist and contribute to evaluation and audit activities initiated by the Commission and other EU bodies.
Information, Communication, Publications
• To contribute to the Delegation’s Annual Management Plan forecast and the External Assistance Management Report in the area of activity,
• To extract and disseminate best practice and present the programme and its projects, and to contribute to the Information and Communication activities,
• To provide every relevant information to Commission services and European External Action Service, to elaborate briefings and reports in the area of activity, to provide assistance to headquarter missions.
There is a competitive benefits package, subject to certain conditions, including personal leave days and public holidays, health insurances and a retirement savings plan.
The expected start date will be 15 April 2023.
Minimum requirements / eligibility criteria (necessary for the application to be considered)
- University education with at least Masters degree;
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of working in the areas of international relations and/or project management;
- Excellent knowledge (C2) of English, Ukrainian
- Computer skills and knowledge of Word Office, Excel IT tools
- Medical fitness to carry out the tasks assigned
- Good knowledge of project management and coordination issues
- Good knowledge of the European Union’s energy markets and policies, including the Energy Union
- Good understanding of the European Union’s external assistance in Ukraine
- Good understanding of contracting procedures and financial issues
- Good knowledge of organisational practices along project management cycle
Assets / selection criteria (basis for awarding points to select the best applicant)
- Minimum of 5 years of experience of working in the field of energy policy;
- Experience of working with International Organisations, civil society or think tanks.
- Experience of project implementation with International Financial Institutions.
How to apply
Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter, Europass format CV https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ and a declaration on honour regarding the work rights and medical fitness via the Email: DELEGATION-UKRAINE-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu (Reference: Project Officer job) no later than 18:00 Kyiv local time 22/03/2023. Only complete applications received on time via DELEGATION-UKRAINE-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu will be considered.
The successful candidate will be subject to a medical check.
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted to the Selection by the Committee set up for this purpose.
Depending on the number of applications received, successive phases of Selection may include shortlisting of candidates based assessment of the information provided in the cover letter and the CV; practical testing and interviews.
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually. The Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this job advertisement to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure. During the selection process, please do not contact the members of the Selection Committee, but address your questions and comments to DELEGATION-UKRAINE-JOBS@eeas.europa.eu.