Translator/Interpreter at EU-funded project “Institutional and Policy Reform for Smallholder Agriculture”
EU-funded project “Institutional and Policy Reform for Smallholder Agriculture” implemented by NIRAS AB is looking for qualified candidates for the Kyiv-based full-time project officer for translation, communication, and administration.
The Project objective is to contribute to a more inclusive, sustainable, and competitive growth-orientated agricultural sector that respects the environment, increases rural incomes, and slows down migration from rural areas, i.e. reduces rural exodus.
The main duties and responsibilities:
- Serve as an interpreter at meetings, and seminars, including Zoom conferences, providing consecutive translations between English and Ukrainian;
- Translate documents from English to Ukrainian and vice versa;
- Proofread and revise documents in English and Ukrainian;
- Develop and keep updated translated documents database;
- Develop content for various platforms including but not limited to website, and social media;
- Support project communication activities, such as organizing of project events and meetings, providing information for Ukrainian Ministries and the EU Delegation to Ukraine, and for preparing and disseminating project promotional materials and reports.
- At least Bachelor’s degree in linguistics, translation, foreign languages, or related area.
- 5+ years of experience providing professional translation and interpretation services.
- Excellent knowledge of English, Ukrainian and Russian;
- Excellent organization and prioritizing skills;
- Proficiency in computer applications including MS Office: e-tools and platforms.
To apply: Please submit a CV and a brief cover letter in English to email@example.com.
Closing date for applications: 12 August 2022.