European Union Hosts Talks on Trade, Tech, and Innovation at South by Southwest March 11-14
Washington, D.C. — The European Union brings a selection of deep-dive discussions to SXSW with experts on the future of trade, robotics, crypto, and tech innovation hosted at multiple Austin locations. Expert speakers include the European Commission Director-General for Trade Sabine Weyand and U.S. Senator from Wyoming Cynthia Lummis. See a full schedule and register for in-person events at euintheus.org/sxsw.
EU@SXSW events kick off on Saturday, March 11 with a look at the world of robots and the current state of tech innovation as panelists examine the western perception of advanced robotic technology based on what we learned from Hollywood. On Sunday, March 12, experts will discuss far-ranging ideas for how industrialized countries can get their tech and innovation leadership back on track.
Challenges facing global trade and supply chains take center stage Monday, March 13, in a special discussion with trade experts, exploring lessons from the impacts of labor shortages, the COVID-19 pandemic, and the ongoing war in Ukraine.
Also on March 13, transatlantic experts discuss the future of crypto-currency policy, its benefits and risks.
EU@SXSW concludes on Tuesday, March 14, with a look at Web3’s potential to reshape the world of music, from new licensing and monetization models for artists to new challenges for publishers and labels.
The full program includes:
- Hollywood Vs Real World Robots – As robotics rapidly become a part of healthcare and green industries, how can we integrate them into life at work, home and public spaces? (Saturday, March 11, 4 PM CT at Parker Jazz Club)
- Where Did Tech Innovation Go? – How do we address the growing gap between humanity’s technological capabilities and what is happening on the ground? (Sunday, March 12, 2:30 PM CT, Parkside)
- Regulating Crypto For Responsible Innovation - Transatlantic experts discuss how the European Union and United States can lead the way on a shared international approach to crypto. (March 13, 10 AM, Hilton Austin, Salon D)
- Pestilence, Famine, War. . . Death? The Future of Trade – European Commission Director General for Trade, Sabine Weyand, joins a panel of experts to discuss the current state of our trade relationships. (Monday, March 13, 4 PM CT, Hilton Austin, Salon D)
- Music & Web3: Everything You Always Wanted to Know – Learn from the experts in roundtable workshops with discussions on copyright and cross-platform monetization, growing your global audiences, and minting your NFT ideas. (Tuesday, March 14, 10 AM CT, Wax Myrtle’s)
The EU@SXSW events are hosted in collaboration with Innovation Bridge Europe, German Haus, and La French Tech.
For more details, registration, and a full schedule of events, visit euintheus.org/sxsw.