Office Support Agent in the Administration section
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Uzbekistan works in close coordination with the Embassies and Consulates of the 27 EU Member States. We are a fully-fledged diplomatic mission and represent the European Union in dealings with the government of the Republic of Uzbekistan in areas that are part of the EU’s remit.
The post of Office Support agent (Local Agent Group 4) in the Delegation’s Administration Section. The team consists of 5 people and there are occasional atypical working hours.
Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration, providing office support in accounting/finance/administration.
Following main tasks and duties are currently required:
- Answer telephone calls and take messages along with subsequent follow-up works;
- Welcome and inform visitors, operate the access control system;
- Archive and file internal administrative, accounting and/or other documents as well as prepare and transmit outgoing correspondence;
- Simple encoding of invoices/payments/revenues/contracts/third party files into an accounting database;
- Management of petty cash;
- Copy and circulate documents within the Delegation;
- Classify and retrieve documents on request, while making sure that they are filed and secured in accordance with the regulations in force;
- Keep the agenda of meetings and appointments;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organisation of internal and external events;
- Handle the arriving and outgoing diplomatic pouch;
- Follow up administrative arrangements related to the arrival of new officials (protocol, accommodation, etc.);
- Contribute to monitor the physical assets of the Delegation (offices, residence, vehicles, equipment, supplies, etc.);
- Handle visa related issues and accreditation of expatriate staff and their family members;
- Registration of foreign visitors (guests of expatriate staff) and trainees at the interior office (Bureau for Servicing the Diplomatic Corps at the MFA);
- Follow up with the Bureau for Servicing the Diplomatic Corps at the MFA on matters related to:
- Registration/De-registration of local agents;
- Issuance / renewal of ID cards for local agents;
- Registration and customs clearance of private vehicles/shipments.
- Hotel bookings for visitors;
- Administrative tasks in connection with small purchases of services and supply;
- Translation of very simple texts;
- Oversee the stock of office supplies, verify deliveries;
- Other administrative tasks as designated by the Head of Administration and/or Head of Delegation.
The base salary will depend on relevant and verified employment experience, typically starting from at least gross EUR 883.00 There is a competitive benefits package, subject to certain conditions, including personal leave days and public holidays, health insurances and a retirement savings plan.
The expected start date will be around 01/03/2023.
Minimum requirements / eligibility criteria (necessary for the application to be considered)
- Minimum secondary education is required;
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience and/or experience as an English language teacher;
- Working knowledge (B2) both spoken and written of English, Uzbek and Russian languages is required. Language proficiency will be tested;
- Candidates must be fully computer literate especially in working with MS Office software;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Medical fitness to carry out the tasks assigned. Only the selected candidate will be checked for medical fitness;
- Overqualified candidates will be rejected.
Assets / selection criteria (basis for awarding points to select the best applicant)
- Level of written language skills in required languages;
- Ability to work in a team;
- Previous experience in performing secretary/receptionist and/or administrative assistant duties in diplomatic missions and/or international organisations will be recognised as an asset;
- Clear spoken communication skills in required languages.
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted to the Selection by the Committee set up for this purpose.
Depending on the number of applications received, successive phases of Selection will include shortlisting of candidates based on assessment of the information provided in the cover letter and CV; practical testing and interviews. Up to 5 best candidates will be invited to final the interviews.
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually. The Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this job advertisement to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure. During the selection process, please do not contact the members of the Selection Committee, but address your questions and comments in written form to the Delegation’s Administration at DELEGATION-UZBEKISTAN-VACANCIES@eeas.europa.eu.
The deadline for the application is: 19 February 2023, 18:00 Tashkent time
Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter, Europass format CV and a declaration on honor regarding the computer literacy, medical fitness and that the applicant enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under the laws of the Republic of Uzbekistan to DELEGATION-UZBEKISTAN-VACANCIES@eeas.europa.eu no later than 18:00 Tashkent time on 19/02/2023. The form/template declaration on honor is attached to this vacancy notice. Only complete applications received on time via DELEGATION-UZBEKISTAN-VACANCIES@eeas.europa.eu will be considered. Please use the following link to create your Europass CV. https://europa.eu/europass/en/create-europass-cv All information mentioned in this vacancy notice based on which assessment of candidates will be conducted should be included in the CV. We recommend to first watch the tutorial video if you don’t have any experience in creating Europass CV. Template declaration on honor is attached to this vacancy notice.
The successful candidate will be subject to a medical check and may also be subject to a background check.