GENder-responsive teaching and learning in the early years (GENTLE)
3-5-year-old girls and boys in central Vietnam experience gender-responsive play-based learning in preschool and at home, contributing to the development of positive identities, relationships and self-esteem, which enable them to have healthy and joyful lives free from gender-based violence.
Teachers, school leaders, parents and guardians in 15 districts in central Vietnam implement gender-responsive play-based learning in preschool and at home.
- Output 1: A toolkit for teachers and school leaders on gender-responsive play-based learning is developed, tested and in use in all 156 preschools in 15 districts of two provinces in central Vietnam
- Output 2: 15 preschools in 15 districts of two provinces in Central Vietnam have been transformed into model schools for gender-responsive play-based learning
- Output 3: DOET and BOET Early Childhood Education staff of the 2 provinces/15 districts provide an enabling environment, support and provide in-service professional development for gender-responsive play-based learning, allowing for the implementation in all 156 preschools in the 15 districts.
- Output 4: A parent-school sensitisation model on gender-responsive play-based learning has been developed and implemented involving 31,051 parents/guardians (with special focus on fathers) in 15 districts in 2 provinces in central Vietnam
- Output 5: An advocacy campaign is implemented to make gender-responsive play-based learning part of the nationwide in-service curriculum for preschools.
Total Budget (EUR): 533,320
EU Contribution (EUR): 450,000
Implementing organisation: Vlaamse Vereniging voor Ontwikkelingssamenwerking en Technische Bijstand - VZW [Flemish Association for Development Cooperation and Technical Assistance] in short, VVOB
Funding Instrument: DCI – EIDHR
Benefitting zone: Vietnam