The European Union Delegation to Zambia and COMESA is looking for: Office Support Agent Administration Section
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to Zambia and COMESA
- Ensures the representation of the European Union to the Republic of Zambia and the Common Market for Eastern and Southern Africa (COMESA);
- Ensures the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation (financial and technical);
- Ensures the follow-up of EU policies in all sectors;
- Promotes and defends the values and interests of the EU;
- Coordinates the work of the Member States’ Embassies, particularly in the fields of EU competences, notably trade and external assistance;
- Ensures the tasks of the EU Presidency and carries out CFSP demarches as appropriate;
- Reports back to Headquarters on all matters of interest for EU policies;
- Carries out press and public diplomacy activities in pursuit of the above;
- Ensures the multi-annual programming of aid and the management of programmes and devolved projects within the framework of the external aid instruments of the EU.
Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Office Support Agent in the Cooperation section. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration. This job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation.
Place of employment: Lusaka, Zambia
Starting basic salary (gross): 12,613.00 ZMW
Total Working hours per week: 37.5
We offer a competitive position in an international working environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Has a good knowledge of English both oral and written;
- Education and training: Grade 12 certificate to the position.
- Professional experience: Relevant professional experience in the areas covered under main tasks of at least three years. Prior experience in working with a bilateral or multilateral organisation or development agency will be an advantage.
- Demonstrated good computer skills including experience with MS Office, Internet, E-mail and other office tools.
The successful candidate should demonstrate:
- Excellent command of English
- High sense of initiative and responsibility, commitment and integrity
- Ability to work in a team
- Dynamism and flexibility
- Ability to work and deliver under pressure and to respond quickly to new demands
- Sensitivity to diverse cultural environment
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to
Mentioning in the subject line: "Vacancy: Office Support Agent"
The package should include a cover letter, a detailed CV with at least two traceable relevant former employers' referees and scanned copy of relevant qualifications (educational and working experience).
After the deadline for applications, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase which may include an interview if necessary – during this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The selected candidate should be able to provide the original documents of the required educational and professional experience. The selected candidate must also have reference letters clearly stating the start and end date and specifying the position.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone.
Please address any queries concerning this procedure to:
The deadline for applications is: 31st January 2022 at 17hrs00
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview.
- Interested parties that do not fulfil the minimum requirements should NOT apply.