Promoting women and youth voices and participation in Zimbabwe
The overall objective of the project is to empower women and youth to participate in accountability and decision-making processes at the local and national levels in Zimbabwe through:
- Strengthening the capacity of women and youth leaders, aspiring leaders and CSOs, to address negative perceptions of women and youth which are often fuelled by traditional and patriarchal cultural attitudes and practices. (Through training)
- Increasing their leadership skills and knowledge and networks to enable them to take up leadership roles in accountability and decision-making in accountability and decision-making platforms
- Increasing their voice and agency in civic processes for accountable governance
- Improving public perceptions, attitudes and increase support for women and youth when exercising their democratic rights.
- Women, youth and civil society organizations have better knowledge and stronger capacities and networks to take up leadership roles in accountability and decision-making platforms
- Increased voice and agency of women and youth in civic processes for accountable governance
- Improved public perceptions, attitudes and support for women and youth when exercising their democratic rights.
Masvingo, Mashonaland East and Matabeleland North
EURO 1 000 000
HIVOS GenderLinks, Women’s Coalition of Zimbabwe, Youth Empowerment and Transformation Trust