Compulsory traineeship for students at the EU Delegation to Brazil
Are you a university student interested in international relations? Is a working experience part of your course? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Brazil?
A traineeship of up to 6 months for students undertaking a compulsory traineeship as a part of their studies, within the Cooperation Section Section of the EU Delegation to Brazil, starting in mid-March 2022.
Under the supervision and mentoring of a Trainee’s supervisor, this compulsory traineeship will provide a solid and meaningful learning content, notably by the prior identification of the specific skills to be acquired in relation with the studies of the candidates.
The Cooperation Section within the Delegation is in charge of analysis and development of Cooperation strategies, and of the design and implementation of cooperation actions in Brazil.
The Cooperation Section also supports – and to some extent conducts – policy dialogues.
- Contribute to effective communication activities, e.g. by analysing, summarising and disseminating results and good practices of EU funded projects
- Contribute to the organization of and participate in events and other activities
- Report on and communicate about events and other activities
- Assist in the preparation of documents such as briefings, reports and press releases
- Do research and contribute to notes on specific topics of interest
- Cooperate with the Delegation's Press & Communication section and with other sections
- Perform other tasks related to EU cooperation in Brazil, as requested by the Head of Section
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- University studies
- Interest in the cooperation between the EU and Brazil
- Knowledge of English and Portuguese
- Knowledge about communication would be an asset
- Experience in communicating about events, projects or policies (also via social media) would be an asset
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- a University letter requesting a compulsory traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Compulsory Traineeship - Cooperation Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a compulsory traineeships (Article 9 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 - Unpaid compulsory traineeships for students already residing and studying in the host country).
All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation and living expenses must be borne by either the trainee or the University.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates who are already residing in the country of assignment must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeship can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the current sanitary situation and its effects on traineeship possibilities.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.