Compulsory traineeship for students at the EU Office to Hong Kong and Macao
Are you a university student interested in international relations? Is a working experience part of your course? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Office represents EU interests and values in Hong Kong and Macao?
A traineeship of up to 6 months for students undertaking a compulsory traineeship as a part of their studies, within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Office to Hong Kong and Macao, starting in 2022.
Under the supervision and mentoring of a Trainee’s supervisor, this compulsory traineeship will provide a solid and meaningful learning content, notably by the prior identification of the specific skills to be acquired in relation with the studies of the candidates.
- research and analysis of information
- draft press digests and information bulletins, analytical reports on various policy developments in Hong Kong and Macao
- update the Office's social media platforms
- attend and participate in meetings, cultural and visibility events, seminars and conferences in Hong Kong and Macao
- support the Section in the preparation of visits, missions and meetings as well as follow-up actions
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Candidates are University students (in their 3rd, 4th, or 5th academic year).
- Each Delegation will decide which diplomas and studies may be relevant to the type of traineeship they offer
- Candidates must have the ability to communicate fluently in English; fluency in Cantonese and Mandarin is an asset
- The traineeship programme is foreseen for candidates with no professional experience. Other internships are not considered as professional experience.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address email@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- a University letter requesting a compulsory traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Compulsory Traineeship – Political, Press and Information Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a compulsory traineeships (Article 9 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 - Unpaid compulsory traineeships for students already residing and studying in the host country).
All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation and living expenses must be borne by either the trainee or the University.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates who are already residing in the country of assignment must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeship can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the current sanitary situation and its effects on traineeship possibilities.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.