Contract Agent FG IV – Job title: ERP IT Project Manager
The European External Action Service (EEAS), which supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU’s external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Civilian Planning and Conduct Capability (CPCC) is the permanent structure supporting the Civilian Operations Commander. The Civilian Operations Commander is the overall commander at the strategic level of currently 11 civilian CSDP crisis management missions and provides strategic guidance and direction to the Heads of Mission. The Civilian Operations Commander reports directly to the High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and through him to the Council of the EU. Under the political control and strategic direction of the Political and Security Committee and the overall authority of the High Representative, the Civilian Operations Commander ensures the effective planning and conduct of civilian CSDP crisis management operations, as well as the proper implementation of all mission-related tasks.
The Missions Operational Support Division (CPCC.4) is responsible for the digitalisation of the support functions in the CSDP Civilian Missions. The Division manages the delivery of software services and equipment to the 11 civilian CSDP Missions, ensuring that all the experts deployed abroad have the necessary equipment and tools to fulfil their mandate.
The position of ERP IT Project Manager - contract agent FGIV as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
We look for:
An ERP IT Project Manager within the CPCC.4. The person to be recruited will work under the supervision of the Head of Sector within the CPCC.4 and will plan, establish, and manage information technology (IT) projects and will serve as a liaison between the business and technical aspects of assigned projects.
S/he is expected to perform the following tasks:
- Develops, maintains, and revises proposals for assigned projects including project objectives, technologies, systems, information specifications, timelines, funding, and staffing;
- Sets and tracks project milestones, manages and accounts for unforeseen delays, then realigns schedules and expectations as needed;
- Assign duties and responsibilities and oversees workflow of project staff;
- Oversee the day-to-day workflow of the department;
- Act as the contact point for the business users as part of coordinating the analysis and assessment of business and functional requirements;
- Draft project reports, review business case documents, product description and project initiation documents in collaboration with the team and analysts, developers and stakeholders;
- Ensure that requirements are mapped to or driven by the business processes, and where relevant, that projects are aligned with any business process improvements that the Division aims to achieve;
- Lead the activities to improve the business process mapping/analysis methodology;
- Verify and validate requirements against business needs and define solution scope and project planning;
- Provide presentations and trainings to assist business users managing application to organise structure and content according to information architecture best practices;
- Leading the team during the review and planning of the activities in an agile development environment (Scrum);
- Other related tasks as directed by the Head of Division.
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post available: 01/09/2022
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).1
The successful candidate will be offered a contract agent position (Function group IV); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
Candidates for this contract agent IV post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in FG IV ; or - (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in FG IV https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=All&institution=101&location=All
- have completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma in Information and Technology field;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen
Candidates should have:
Candidates should have:
- A minimum of 5 years of professional experience in IT project management, business and functional analysis of complex/large scale database systems and software applications;
- Proven experience in managing software throughout the development lifecycle, from requirements definition, development, testing until implementation;
- Sound knowledge of PM2 or Prince 2 methodology and thorough understanding of project management principles and planning;
- Proficient with, or able to quickly become proficient with, a range of general and specialized applications, software, and hardware used in the organization and the industry;
- Experience in requirements elicitation, design of IT solutions, documenting managerial reports and requirements;
- Experience in analysis and in the translation of business requirements into technical specifications;
- A strong focus on reporting on deadlines and meeting them;
- The ability and will to truly understand business, and to act as a bridge between the business units and ICT team.
- Capacity to work individually and as part of a mixed team with different background in a challenging environment;
- Experience in one or more areas of Human Resources, Logistics, Payroll processes would be considered and asset;
- Solid large scale project management and implementation skills would be an asset;
- Ability to motivate groups of people to complete a project in a timely manner.
- Experience with Microsoft Azure and Cloud technologies would be an asset;
- Good skills in configuration and change management process.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service.
The successful candidates will be required to undergo security vetting if they do not already hold a personal security clearance to an appropriate level (EU RESTRICTED), in accordance with the relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE
Please send your CV and Cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for sending application: 27/05/2022 at 18.00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome pre-selection.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101