Contract Agent FGII – Job title : Administrative and Financial Agent
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The European Security and Defence College (ESDC) provides training in the field of the Union's Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) in the context of the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) at the European level in order to develop and promote a common understanding of CSDP among civilian and military personnel, and to identify and disseminate, through its training activities, best practice in relation to various CSDP issues. It is organised as a network bringing together civilian and military institutes, colleges, academies, universities, institutions and other actors dealing with security and defence policy issues within the Union as identified by Member States and the EU ISS ('institutes') to support the conduct of training activities in the field of CSDP.
The position of the Administrative and Financial Agent - contract agent FGII as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS) to provide efficient secretarial support.
He/she will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- support the Head of the ESDC and the training managers in the coordination of their activities
- carry out various administrative tasks such as diary-keeping, filtering telephone calls, filing and ordering supplies, dealing with correspondence
- prepare letters and e-mails for the Head of the ESDC
- prepare and follow up the missions of the Head of the ESDC
- document management: registration of incoming and outgoing correspondence, including in Ares
- follow-up and management of the functional mailbox of the ESDC
- prepare meetings, relevant documents and access requests for ESDC
- support the financial manager in the preparation and execution of the ESDC budget
- prepare payments on behalf of the ESDC
- help with organizing/checking missions of staff using MIPS application
- organize meetings and events
- co-ordinate the creation, keeping up to date and retrieval of documents and data in the appropriate files or IT databases
- co-ordinate and authorize translation requests
- check reimbursement requests for training activities from ESDC network members
- support the financial manager in the preparation and conduct of the annual external audit
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post available: 16/08/2022
We look for
A dynamic, flexible and proactive colleague with good communication and organizational skills with a developed sense of service. The secretary should be able to quickly adapt to new working environment and be a good team-player. The successful candidate should have good computer skills with a sound knowledge of the standard IT applications and administrative procedures.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). 1
The successful candidate will be offered a contract agent position (Function group II); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
Candidates for this contract agent II post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post Or
- (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=All&institution=101&location=All
- have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three year
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset
- be a national of one of the member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen
Candidates should have:
- have proven experience in administrative support
- be flexible with the ability to perform multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities and respect deadlines
- have good organisational and communication skills
- have sound computer skills (MS Office) and good knowledge of standard administrative, workflow based IT applications and administrative procedures
- have basic knowledge of accounting and finance principles
- have a very good knowledge of oral and written English and good knowledge of French
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment
- experience in working with or within other EU institutions
would be considered as assets.
Specific conditions of employment
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service.
The successful candidate might be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level, in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email to SECRETARIAT-ESDC@eeas.europa.eu
Deadline for sending application: 22/07/2022 at 18.00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Authorised to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see
2. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm) and on the EEAS Intranet: (https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-statements).