Contract Agent FGII Job title: Administrative Agent
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, t he Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Civilian Planning and Conduct Capability (CPCC) is the permanent EEAS structure supporting the Civilian Operations Commander. The Civilian Operations Commander is the overall commander at th e strategic level of currently 11 civilian CSDP crisis management missions and provides strategic guidance and direction to the Heads of Mission. The Civilian Operations Commander reports directly to the High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and through him to the Council of the EU. Under the political control and strategic direction of the Political and Security Committee and the overall authority of the High Representative, the Civilian Operations Commander ensures the effective plan ning and conduct of civilian CSDP crisis management missions, as well as the proper implementation of all mission related tasks.
The Missions Operational Support Division (CPCC.4) is responsible for the digitalisation of the support functions in the CSDP Civilian Missions. The Division manages the delivery of software services and equipment to the 11 civilian CSDP Missions, ensuring that all the experts deployed abroad have the necessary equipment and tools to fulfil their mandate.
The position of Administrative Agent secretary in the Missions Operational Support Division, CPCC.4, as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other servants of the European Union (CEOS)
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post available: immediately
WE LOOK FOR:
We are seeking a highly motivated colleague who will be entrusted with the following tasks:
- Monitor and follow-up the allocation of the CFSP budget;
- Initiate, manage and follow-up the internal financial circuit procedures in ABAC;
- Providing support to EU civilian crisis management missions in the fields of administration and functioning: advice on specific financial, procurement and human resources related cases;
- Participation in CSDP missions' staff selection procedures;
- Provide assistance by maintaining the diary, answering the telephone, filtering calls and taking messages, responding to general inquiries and managing the e-mail exchange and calendar. Take, transcribe and prepare notes, minutes, routine correspondence, presentations and / or other texts;
- Support and coordinate mission planning, absences, holidays and other personnel administrative processes using the applicable IT tools;
- Assist the line manager in preparing, encoding and updating job descriptions (Sysper);
- Assist Mission performers in the preparation of Mission Orders and Declaration of Expenses;
- Prepare and keep track of dossiers for meetings of relevant Council committees and working groups;
- Receive and route incoming correspondence, finalise and transmit outgoing correspondence, prepare /copy documents (including lay-out/formatting) for transmission;
- Create files and retrieve documents making sure that they are filed in the relevant EEAS IT tools and secured in accordance with the regulations in force;
- Contribute to administrative quality checks on files for signature;
- Co-ordinate the storage, reproduction, circulation and retrieval of documents, making sure that they are filed and secured in accordance with the regulations in force;
- Assist in welcoming and informing outside visitors in accordance with security regulations;
- Manage functional mailboxes and send requested information and documents;
- Provide administrative and logistical support for the organisation of internal and external events such as meetings, workshops, conferences and public events.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS) 1
The successful candidate will be offered a contract agent position (Function group II); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
Candidates for this contract agent II post should:
- i) have pass ed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post Or
- ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=All&institution=101&location=All
- have a level of post secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post secondary education and appropriate professional experience of at least three years;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Excellent knowledge of English (written and spoken) is essential.
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
- Experience in the field of financial management within the EU institutions will be an asset;
- Sound computer skills (MS Office) and good knowledge of standard (EU) administrative procedures;
- Knowledge of IT tools used in the EU institutions (ARES, MIPS, Sysper2) will be an asset;
- Ability to perform multiple tasks and adjust to changing priorities and respect deadlines;
- Very good knowledge of oral and written English and/or French;
- Previous experience in EU institutions and/or EU Delegations would be an asset.
Specific conditions of employment:
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favorable opinion of the Medical Service. The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting if (s)he does not al ready hold security clearance to an appropriate level (EU SECRET), in accordance with the relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes application s from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedu re in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure:
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your CAST number via email to:
Deadline for sending application: 12/07 /2022 at 18.00 (CET)
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address:http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted
The selection panel will make a pre selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlist ed candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Au thority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
CONTACT: Esmeralda HERNANDEZ ARAGONES, Head of Division CPCC.4
Tel: +32 2584 2296 Email: Esmeralda.HERNANDEZ ARAGONES@eeas.europa.eu
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101