Contract Agent - FGII Job title : Assistant – GLOBAL.VMR.1
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Division GLOBAL VMR.1 coordinates cooperation by the EU and its Member States with and through international organisations, in particular the United Nations and the Council of Europe. The team provides knowhow in multilateral relations, offering the best possible information and advice to the HRVP, the European Parliament, EU Member States, the European Commission, civil society and citizens. To do this, it works hand-in-hand with thematic and geographical departments across the EEAS, as well as Commission services.
The position of Assistant - contract agent FGII - as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
WE LOOK FOR:
A dynamic, flexible and proactive colleague with good communication and organisational skills with a developed sense of service. The assistant should be able to adapt quickly to a new working environment and be a good team player. The successful candidate should have good computer skills with a sound knowledge of the standard IT applications and administrative procedures. S/he will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- providing efficient secretarial support;
- carrying out administrative tasks such as diary-keeping, filtering telephone calls, filing and ordering supplies, dealing with correspondence;
- helping to keep track of and manage deadlines and attribution of tasks attributed to the division;
- document management: registration of incoming and outgoing correspondence, including in Ares;
- organising travel of staff using MIPS application;
- organising meetings and events;
- coordinating the creation, keeping up to date and retrieval of documents and data in the appropriate files or IT databases;
- ensuring the preparation of briefing files, speeches and other documents;
- helping to manage the division’s presence on the EEAS intranet.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).1
The successful candidate will be offered a contract agent position (Function group II); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
Candidates for this contract agent II post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post Or
- (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=All&institution=101&location=All
- have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three year;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- be a national of one of the member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
Candidates should have:
- Proven organisational ability.
- Sound computer skills (MS Office) and good knowledge of standard, workflow based IT applications and administrative procedures.
- Willingness to show some flexibility in response to changing priorities and deadlines.
- Good knowledge of English, written and spoken.
- Experience in the field of external relations will be an asset.
- Knowledge of IT tools used in EU institutions (ARES, MIPS, Sysper2, eBrief) will be an asset.
- Good knowledge of French will be an asset.
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- experience in working with or within other EU institutions
would be considered as assets.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service. The successful candidate might be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level, in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email to GLOBAL-VMRfirstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for sending application: 15 September 2022 at 12.00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Authorised to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
It is recalled, that if the interest of the service so requires, the selection procedures can be terminated at any stage in the interest of the service.
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post available: 01 October 2022
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101
2 Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm) and on the EEAS Intranet: (https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-statements).