Contract Agent FGIII – Job title: IT Service Assistant
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The EEAS Digital Solutions Division contributes to EEAS business process effectiveness and efficiency by implementing Information Communication Technology (ICT) services, applications, tools, and infrastructure. The Division comprises several teams dealing with budget and administration, ICT infrastructure support, Data Center, Operations, Security, Network, Applications’ development and rollout, etc., both for EEAS Headquarters and EU Delegation network around the world.
The position of IT Service Assistant- – contract agent FGIII as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
We look for
We are seeking a highly motivated colleague who will be entrusted with the following tasks:
- Participate in IT Asset lifecycle and stock management processes. An external contractor is available to support the execution of all activities;
- Collaborate with IT operations managers and service owners for asset and logistics requirements in Headquarters and remote offices (EU Delegations);
- Follow-up of contractor’s Asset Management (and logistic support) team and supervise their activities and performance;
- Align and follow-up contractor team’s work programme, workload, work organisation, schedules, priorities, review of deliverables;
- Manage lifecycle of hardware and software models in the DML (ABAC Suite (EU propriety), ServiceNow) right from their introduction up to their retirement;
- Manage stocks and monitor stock levels;
- Monitor and plan transfer or transport requests between buildings;
- Follow-up shipments through Diplomatic Pouch; Act as single point of contact between EEAS IT and the Diplomatic Pouch service;
- Manage, plan and coordinate logistical activities for IT equipment move projects in the HQ building;
- Take part in various small and big projects to coordinate asset and logistics related activities;
- Run a yearly physical inventory exercise (process revision);
- Manage the decommissioning process and prepare withdrawal reports;
- Prepare annual IT budget requirements per EU Delegation;
- Manage requests for IT budget reinforcement from EU Delegations (technical review);
- Generate and distribute various reports, including compliance reports on current assets and their status and also perform trend analyses;
- Provide KPI/Metric information and standardized reporting;
- Establish and maintain documentation of procedures, processes, and reports concerning asset and configuration management;
- Apply a continuous improvement approach, ensure process efficiency and suggest improvements to the processes and tooling continuously;
- Contribute to the revision and design of processes relating to software and hardware asset management, execute and enhance them;
- Prepare specific contract and renewals for the contractor and follow-up contractor’s performance (deadlines, specifications, expenditure, etc.);
- Ensure fulfilment of reporting procedures when contracts are used during the implementation of projects;
- Participate in the selection process for external contractors.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).1
The successful candidate will be offered a contract agent position (Function group III); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
Candidates for this contract agent III post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post
- (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=All&institution=101&location=All
- have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three year;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
- Selection criteria
Candidates should have:
- Strong knowledge of IT software and hardware;
- Proven ability and experience in executing strategic asset management processes successfully;
- Good knowledge working of product catalogues, CMDB and the specific business services that it supports;
- Strong vendor management skills;
- Good knowledge of IT Service Management processes;
- Strong ability to carry out assigned tasks independently with little supervision.
- Experience with ServiceNow and
- IAITAM Certification, such as CHAMP, CSAM, and CITAM
will be considered an asset.
Specific conditions of employment
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service.
The successful candidate might be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level, in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Deadline for applications: 12/07/2022 at 18.00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Authorised to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post is available immediately.
CONTACT: Mr Olivier Carovis
Tel: +32 460 84 67 32 Email: Olivier.firstname.lastname@example.org
1Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, seehttps://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101
2 Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm) and on the EEAS Intranet: