Contract Agent FGIII – Job title: Webmaster and digital media assistant
The European External Action Service (EEAS), which supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Communications Policy and Public Diplomacy Division (SG.STRAT.1) leads the European Union's efforts on the public dimension of European diplomacy and its communication on Foreign Affairs and Security Policy, as well as its external action more broadly. It pro-actively communicates and enhances support for the values, policies, priorities, actions and impact of the EU as a global actor among EU citizens and at the international level.
The Division supports the EU Delegations and relevant Missions and Operations around the world in communicating and enhancing support for the EU and its activities and policies to the relevant audiences. It also supports and facilitates the internal communications in the European External Action Service and plays a leading role in information management activities.
The position of Webmaster and digital media officer at the Communications Policy and Public Diplomacy Division (SG.STRAT.1) for a Contract Agent FGIII as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post available as of 01/09/2022
We look for:
The Communications Policy and Public Diplomacy Division (SG.STRAT.1) is seeking to recruit an experienced and dynamic communications professional with knowledge in the field of digital communications, with a focus on web management and web writing.
We seek for a Webmaster and digital media officer who under the supervision of the Head of Sector Digital Communications would contribute to the:
- direct management of the EEAS multi-site including content upload, creation of web pages, taxonomies, web structure, quality control & optimization, SEO, amendments to layout and design, texts and links;
- daily management, production and curation of content, ie. press material, stories, topic pages, campaigns, galleries, newsletters, etc. in coordination with the relevant services;
- supervision and coordination of updates and editorial support for EU Delegations, Missions and Operations and Electoral Observation Missions in liaison with external contractor;
- act as focal point for external contractor and internal services for the management and maintenance of the EEAS multi-site, including reporting and follow up of contracts;
- maintenance and coordination of the web archives; guidance and training for editors and contributors;
- development and maintenance of the user manual of the website and the wiki space, including writing, editing and updating the documentation for editors;
- supervision and coordination of development of new features and functionalities, bug tracking and fixing, in coordination with the EEAS Digital Solutions division;
- writing specifications for new developments and functionalities and testing solutions;
- analyzing and reporting of statistical data based on specific KPIs;
- participation and contribution to inter-institutional working groups on web-related matters;
- development, implementation and evaluation of digital campaigns in coordination with the Digital Communications Team and Strategic Communication Officers.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). 1
In order to be eligible for the post of contract agent FG III candidates must:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this pos or
- (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=All&institution=101&location=All
- have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three year;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
- be able to demonstrate a very good knowledge of online communication and web maintenance (HTML language, SEO, curation of taxonomies); CMS management, Adobe CS, Microsoft Office, understanding of CSS and JS is an asset;
- possess excellent knowledge of CMS Drupal 9 or equivalent.
- have a solid web editorial experience (adaptation and production of web articles, content curation);
- have a solid experience with graphic web design (image resizing, format adaptation, creation of graphic elements such as banners and icons);
- demonstrate solid experience in project coordination and editorial coordination of large scale web projects;
- demonstrate a clear understanding of integrated digital communication (digital campaigns, web/social media content production, advertising, online marketing, web/social media management and audio-visual content development);
- have minimum professional experience of three years in the relevant field;
- have capacity to work and communicate under time constraints in a multilingual international diplomatic environment;
- be a flexible and creative team player with capacity to coordinate with other teams and multiple stakeholders;
- have solid analytical capability as well as excellent writing and reporting skills;
- have a rapid grasp of problems and capacity to identify issues and solutions;
- have knowledge of Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Youtube, Instagram and of social media overall;
- have excellent knowledge of English and French (written and spoken).
- experience with Europa Analytics;
- other analytics knowledge;
- good understanding of SEO principles and of design/implementation of user journeys;
- knowledge of the EU institutions, EU external action and EU Delegations;
- knowledge of Drupal 9;
- experience with website migrations
would be considered as key assets.
Specific conditions of employment
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service.
The successful candidate might be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level, in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email to STRATEGIC-COMMUNICATIONS-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu
Deadline for sending application: 04/08/2022 at 12.00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection based on the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
1 Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101
Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm) and on the EEAS Intranet: (https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-statements).