EEAS Call for Expression of Interest - Budget Assistant - EEAS.RM-BS.1
EEAS Call for Expression of Interest for the recruitment of one Temporary Agent under Article 2(b) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS)
The European External Action Service (EEAS), which supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent foreign policy of the European Union. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity of Vice President of the Commission. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The budget division EEAS RM.BS.1 is responsible for the establishment and follow-up of the administrative budget of the organisation, covering both the Headquarters and the delegation network as well as all issues relating to accounting quality and management of the delegations imprest accounts. The total amount to be managed is approximatively 1 billion € and includes the EEAS budget (777 M€) and the contribution of the European Commission to the functioning of the EU delegations.
The position of Administrative Assistant for ABAC, Reporting and Data Quality in the Budget Division.
WE LOOK FOR
A candidate with significant ABAC experience, ideally with an IT background, and in particular competence and fondness for Excel and reporting. The successful candidate will be part of a small team in charge of the overall management of the budget of the Institution, from conception to implementation and follow-up and all intermediary stages.
She/he will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- Assist the Deputy Head of Division as business manager and owner of the BudgDel system and provide support and advise on the use of the system to end-users.
- Act as the team’s main responsible for the maintenance of the EEAS’ budget execution structure and the year-change procedure for its budget; intervene in ABAC/Workflow with a focus on budget structures and the execution framework. He/she may also be called upon to introduce a limited number of transactions.
- Ensure data quality, monitoring the quality of budget execution data entered by Delegations and Divisions and take actions to correct them when missing or erroneous, either directly or in collaboration with the BS.1 desks or the Delegation admin sections.
- Execute and distribute reports in different BO Business Objects universes: mainly BudgDel, ABAC and MiPS; over time: adapt and create such reports.
- Follow-up and monitor the budgetary aspects (revenue and expenditure) of the EEAS’ different Service-Level agreements and Memoranda of Understanding with different external actors.
- The successful candidate may also be called upon to act as back-up and support to the team member responsible for the follow-up of the Commission contribution.
- Other tasks within the competence of the Division, as needed.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS)1, in accordance with EEAS Decision ADMIN(2015) 20 on the engagement and use of temporary agents
The successful candidate will be offered a contract as Temporary Agent under Article 2(b) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS) at the grade of AST3
Candidates must meet ALL of the following general and specific conditions on the closing date for online applications:
- Be a national of one of the EU Member States and enjoy full rights as a citizen;
- Meet any obligations imposed on him or her by the laws concerning military service;
- Provide the appropriate character references as to his suitability for the performance of his duties;
- Have the capacity to work in languages of the CFSP (English and French, in writing and orally). Both languages are required in the performance of the duties. The command of one language must be at minimum C1 level (Language 1 — thorough knowledge) and the command of the other one must be at minimum B2 level (Language 2 — satisfactory knowledge).
- a level of education which corresponds to completed post-secondary education of at least three years in archiving or records management, attested by a diploma, followed by at least three years' professional experience directly related to the nature of the duties; OR a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education, followed by at least 6 years’ professional experience directly related to the nature of the duties; OR professional training followed by at least 6 years’ professional experience directly related to the nature of the duties.
- have a general knowledge of the budgetary framework in which the EEAS and its delegations operate and be familiar with ABAC, in particular the Appropriations flow and the Year-end process;
- be frequent and enthusiastic Excel users;
- have experience and knowledge of data-processing and reporting software (e g Business Objects) or a willingness and desire to acquire such competence;
- be able to present complex information in a clear and understandable format, adapted to the audience and the task at hand.
- a general understanding of the budgetary and accounting rules in application for the Union Budget;
- experience of IT system development and governance;
- experience of providing support and assistance for an IT system to other users;
- experience in the areas of budget preparation/management/follow-up and finance/accounting;
- knowledge of the Union’s budgetary procedures and the Financial Regulation, in particular those pertaining to an administrative budget;
would be considered as strong assets.
APPLICATION AND SELECTION PROCEDURE2:
The selection procedure will take place in three different and successive steps:
1. Expression of Interest
Expressions of interest should be sent by e-mail to the following functional mailbox
For the purposes of the e-mail application, this post will appear under the subject of the email:
"Application EoI-HQ (AST)-TA2b-AST3- EEAS.RM.BS.1- Budget Assistant-166974”
Such an expression of interest must be accompanied by:
- an updated Curriculum vitae. Candidates are invited to use the "Europass" CV format (https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae) for their applications.
- a letter of motivation (maximum 2 pages) in either English or in French;
Applications may be submitted during the period from 21/01/2022 to 11/02/2022 at 12:00 midday (Brussels time).
For correspondence concerning the selection procedure, please use the following email address (the e-mail must have in the subject the following title: " EoI-HQ (AST)-TA2b-166974
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and the professional experience described in the CV and motivation letter.
The candidates who have passed the pre-selection step will be invited for an interview so that the selection panel can evaluate these candidates objectively and without prejudice on the basis of their qualifications, professional experience and linguistic skills. Additional specific written or oral tests might be organised by the panel.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service, which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
If pre-selected, candidates with disabilities are invited to contact us in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates.
If a candidate with a disability is selected and recruited, the EEAS is committed to appropriate measures in order to accommodate his or her special needs to the working place or working conditions in accordance with Art 1d(4) of the Staff Regulations.
The selected candidate will be recruited as temporary agents under Article 2(b) of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants (CEOS), in accordance with EEAS Decision ADMIN(2015) 20 on the engagement and use of temporary agents
The selected candidate will be required to undergo a medical fitness examination in accordance with Article 13 of the CEOS.
Candidates shall have a valid Personnel Security Clearance (PSC) allowing them to access information classified at the level “SECRET UE/EU SECRET” or will be required to undergo the corresponding security vetting in accordance with the EEAS security rules3. In case the successful candidate does not obtain his or her PSC, his or her engagement will be terminated.
In case of positive results on the medical fitness examination and after assessment of the PSC conditions, the candidate will be offered a contract as Temporary Agent, Grade AST-34 for a duration 4 years renewable only once for another 2 years.
All member of the temporary staff shall serve initially a nine-month probationary period in accordance with Article 14 CEOS.
PLACE OF EMPLOYMENT: Brussels, Belgium
POST AVAILABLE: immediately
CONTACT: Pasqualino Battista, Head of Budget Division, EEAS BA.BS.1
Tel +32 (0) 2 584 3053
David Hallonsten, Deputy Head of Budget Division, EEAS BA.BS.1
Tel +32 (0) 2 584 34 83
The closing date for applications is 11/02/2022 at 12:00 hours (Brussels time).
1 Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101
2 Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EC) 2018/1725. The privacy statement is available on EEAS webpage: http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm
3 In accordance with the Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy of 19 September 2017 on the security rules for the European External Action Service, ADMIN(2017) 10, OJ C 126, 10.4.2018, p. 1, https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?uri=uriserv:OJ.C_.2018.126.01.0001.01.ENG&toc=OJ:C:2018:126:TOC
4 The basic salaries offered by the EU institutions are set out in Article 66 of the Staff Regulations. The current level, can be accessed via the link: https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/PDF/?uri=OJ:C:2020:428:FULL&from=EN