EEAS Vacancy Notice Contract Agent FGI – Job title: Administrative Support Agent – EEAS.SG.OFFICE
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Secretary General oversees the daily work of the EEAS, both politically and administratively.
The position of Administrative Support Agent, in the Office of the Secretary General - contract agent FGI as per article 3a of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
We look for
Dynamic, proactive and highly motivated colleague with a strong sense of teamwork, good communication and organisational skills and a developed sense of service.
The EEAS is a friendly, diverse and motivated organisation where the sharing of tasks and responsibilities is essential to the achievement of its goals.
The successful candidate will be responsible for providing efficient administrative and secretarial support to the Secretary General and to the staff of his Office. He/she should have good computer skills with a sound knowledge of the standard IT applications and administrative procedures. He/she will be entrusted with the following tasks, among others:
- Manage the agendas of the Secretary General: ensure efficient time-management of their daily schedule of meetings, phone calls and appointments and arrange delegation/distribution of work if necessary.
- Monitor and ensure the proper follow-up of the Outlook on behalf of Secretary General: prepare replies, filter and delegate emails inside the SG Office and ensure their follow up.
- Organise meetings/events: Booking meeting rooms, IT equipment, meals and coffee breaks, liaising with Protocol and Security Accreditation, preparing meeting documentation, sending out invitations and ensuring the smooth flow on the day of the event by assisting participants. Liaise with embassies of third countries as needed.
- Organise Office meetings: reserve meeting rooms, send invitations, take minutes and dispatch action points to the Division’s staff members.
- Organise missions for the Secretary General and other staff members as appropriate: Create and declare mission in MIPS, research for tickets, reserving hotels, airport transfer, file supporting documents, invoices and liaise with VISA office or embassies for VISA issuing.
Provide support, advice, and back-up to the other Assistants of the SG Office.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). 1
In order to be eligible for the post of contract agent FG I candidates must:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post or (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post (https://epso.europa.eu/en/job-opportunities/open-for-application)
- Candidates must meet the minimum qualifications for engagement as contract agent FG I:
- Have successful completion of compulsory education
- Be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
- Have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- proven experience as secretary;
- excellent organizational skills and priority-setting capacity;
- sound computer skills (MS Office);
- ability to perform multiple tasks, to adjust to changing priorities and to respect deadlines;
- ability to communicate excellently both orally and in writing in English and French.
The following would also be considered as assets for this role:
- prior experience in the field of external relations or international co-operation;
- previous experience in EU institutions or EU Delegations;
- Knowledge of IT tools used in EU institutions (ARES, MIPS, Sysper2, E-Brief, Webex, E-room, DECIDE).
Specific conditions of employment
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favorable opinion of the Medical Service.
The successful candidate might be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level, in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email to SG@eeas.europa.eu
Deadline for sending applications: 16 December 2022 at 12.00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: https://europa.eu/europass/en/create-europass-cv.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Authorised to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
It is recalled, that if the interest of the service so requires, the selection procedures can be terminated at any stage in the interest of the service.
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Interviews will be scheduled in January 2022.
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, seehttps://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101
2. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (https://www.eeas.europa.eu/eeas/eeas-privacy-statement-data-protection-notice-purpose-processing-personal-data-related-public_en) and on the EEAS Intranet: Intranet:(https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-statements-dp-notices)