EEAS Vacancy Notice Contract Agent FGII – Job title : Administrative Assistant
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Western Balkans Division is responsible for taking forward overall EU policy and strategy regarding the Western Balkan region, i.e. Albania, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Kosovo, Montenegro, North Macedonia and Serbia. The Division cooperates closely with the European Commission, in particular DG NEAR, in policy areas that fall under the Commission's responsibility, in particular around the enlargement process. We also work with the Council Secretariat and the European Parliament. We are in permanent contact with Member States as well as third countries active in the region. International organisations such as the UN, OSCE, the Council of Europe and NATO are important partners for our work.
The Council Working Party on the Western Balkans (COWEB) is the Council Working Party responsible for EU relations with the countries in Western Balkans in the framework of the enlargement and Stabilisation and Association processes. COWEB prepares discussions at higher level (PSC, Coreper, Council), contributes to the definition of EU policies, strategies and positions and monitors their implementation. COWEB is also an important forum for sharing information between Member States and assessing developments in its area of responsibility. Close contacts with the Presidency-chaired group on enlargement (COELA) are a must.
The position of Administrative Agent - contract agent FGII as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS) - in the EUROPE.2 Division, including assisting the Chair of the Council Working Party on the Western Balkans (COWEB), in a dynamic and friendly team with a good working atmosphere.
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post available: 1/12/2022
We look for
A dynamic, proactive and highly motivated colleague, with very good communication and organisational skills and with a developed sense of service. In full cooperation with the other AST colleague in the Division, he/she will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- Provide administrative support to the Head of Division and other members of the Western Balkans Division
- Support the Chair of COWEB in the administrative coordination of the group, including calendar and document management
- Ensure that incoming messages, documents and tasks for the Division are attributed and closely monitor deadlines.
- Provide assistance by managing the Division’s calendar, answering the telephone, filtering calls and taking messages, and responding to general enquiries.
- Manage the functional mailbox and process the requested information and documents
- Create and manage files and retrieve documents making sure that they are filed in the relevant EEAS tools (Division filing system, ARES, e-Brief, DECIDE etc) and secured in accordance with the regulations in force
- Assist mission performers in the preparation of mission orders and declaration of expenses
- Under the supervision of the Head of Division/Deputy, process and monitor expenses under the mission budget and representation allocation for the Division.
- Carry out the necessary arrangements for visitors to the building, including protocol requirements as well as PRESTO orders, and assist in welcoming and informing outside visitors in accordance with security regulations
- Assist in the preparation of files and folders for meeting.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).1
The successful candidate will be offered a contract agent position (Function group II); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
Candidates for this contract agent II post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post or (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post (https://epso.europa.eu/en/job-opportunities/open-for-application)
- have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three year;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset.
- be a national of one of the member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
Candidates should have:
- a high level of self-motivation with experience in the administrative/secretarial field
- strong organizational skills with the ability to deal with multiple files in a timely manner
- the capacity and focus to act as a responsible and flexible team player, with good inter-personal and communication skills
- very good knowledge of English; good knowledge of French would be an asset
- good computer skills with a sound knowledge of the standard IT applications (MS Office, ARES, MIPS, Tsar, etc.) or willingness and capacity to learn them.
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- experience in working with or within other EU institutions
would be considered as assets.
Specific conditions of employment
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level, in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email to EUROPEfirstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for sending application: 09/12/2022 at 12.00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Authorised to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
It is recalled, that if the interest of the service so requires, the selection procedures can be terminated at any stage in the interest of the service.
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, seehttps://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101
2. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (https://www.eeas.europa.eu/eeas/eeas-privacy-statement-data-protection-notice-purpose-processing-personal-data-related-public_en) and on the EEAS Intranet:(https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-statements-dp-notices)