EEAS Vacancy Notice Contract Agent FGIII – Job title : Financial Assistant
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The European Security and Defence College (ESDC) provides training in the field of the Union's Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP) in the context of the Common Foreign and Security Policy (CFSP) at the European level in order to develop and promote a common understanding of CSDP among civilian and military personnel, and to identify and disseminate, through its training activities, best practice in relation to various CSDP issues. It is organised as a network bringing together civilian and military institutes, colleges, academies, universities, institutions and other actors dealing with security and defence policy issues within the Union as identified by Member States and the EU ISS ('institutes') to support the conduct of training activities in the field of CSDP.
In particular, ESDC Administrative Team is responsible for:
- Preparing, monitoring and verifying the annual ESDC budget and the non-binding multi-year budget, running costs of courses, SNE allowances, activities, works, etc. (€ 2 M), and preparation of annual reports.
- Analysing the Financial Plan and the Payment Requests from the Training Actors and validating them in line with the policies and priorities of the ESDC.
- Monitoring budgetary execution (commitments and payment credits) and ensuring proper accounting of the financial transactions.
- Supervising the financial aspects of the ESDC
- The administrative and financial management of the ESDC
- Preparing and launching tenders in order to provide supplies and services
- Financial initiation and verification of payments, and assisting the operational sectors on financial management.
- comply with all college administrative duties
The position of the Administrative and Financial Agent - contract agent FGIII as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
The candidate will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- S/he will be in charge of the planning, monitoring, reporting and follow-up of the budget lines under his/her responsibility.
- S/he will act as a financial initiating agent (FIA) and will participate in the financial management of the framework contracts managed by the Division and of the colocation arrangements.
- S/he will have to be proactively involved in the activities of the Division.
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post available: 01/01/2023
We look for:
A dynamic, flexible and proactive colleague with good communication and organizational skills with a developed sense of service. The assistant should be able to quickly adapt to new working environment and be a good team-player. The successful candidate should have good computer skills with a sound knowledge of the standard IT applications and administrative procedures.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).1
The successful candidate will be offered a contract agent position (Function group III); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
Candidates for this contract agent III post should:
- have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post Or (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post https://epso.europa.eu/en/job-opportunities/open-for-application
- have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three year
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset
- be a national of one of the member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen
Candidates should have:
- proven experience in administrative support in an international, multicultural environment;
- experience in providing financial support (preparation of tenders, payment requests, contribution to budget execution) in politically sensitive environments;
- have good organisational skills, the ability to work under pressure and with tight deadlines and to manage multiple tasks and unexpected demands;
- experience in using the latest IT tools;
- strong service attitude;
- be a flexible team player;
- be fluent in English and in French (both orally and in writing);
- experience in working with or within other EU institutions
- good knowledge of finance and accounting principles and standards;
would be considered as assets.
Specific conditions of employment
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level, in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email to email@example.com
Deadline for sending application: 21 December 2022 at 12.00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Authorised to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
It is recalled, that if the interest of the service so requires, the selection procedures can be terminated at any stage in the interest of the service.
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legalcontent/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101
2. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm) and on the EEAS Intranet: (https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-statements)