EEAS Vacancy Notice Contract Agent FGIII – Job title: Policy assistant – Greening & EMAS assistant
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The RM.SCS.6, Real Estate, Safety and Greening Division is responsible for the definition and implementation of the Real Estate policy, Health and Safety as well as the Environmental Policies of the EEAS for HQ and the EU Delegations. In addition, it manages the buildings that host the EEAS in HQ as well as the office buildings, official Residences and staff accommodations in 145 EU Delegations and Offices of the European Union.
The position of Policy Assistant – Greening & EMAS assistant in the Real Estate, Safety and Greening Division – contract agent FGIII as per article 3b of the Conditions of employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post available: immediately
WE LOOK FOR:
A dynamic, proactive and highly motivated colleague with very good technical, organisational and data analysis skills and with a developed sense of service. S/he will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- Environmental Management implementation, including follow-up of EMAS process for HQ buildings in Brussels;
- Data Analysis, including presentation of statistics and reports to management and stakeholders;
- Environmental Permits management (legal compliance);
- Energy management of buildings (according to “PLAGE” and “PEB” as defined in the Brussels Region);
- Providing support to EU Delegations in analysing and developing reports of their environmental data;
- Providing support to develop and implement the Green Mobility policy of staff (commuting, travels).
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).1
The successful candidate will be offered a Contract Agent position (Function Group III); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years.
Candidates for this contract agent III post should / must:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in a valid FG for this post or
- (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in a valid FG for this post https://epso.europa.eu/apply/job-offers_en?keyword=&contract=37&grade=All&institution=10&location=All ;
- have a level of post-secondary education attested by a diploma or a level of secondary education attested by a diploma giving access to post-secondary education and appropriate professional experience of three years;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset;
- be a citizen of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
- Have experience in the fields of environmental management in (public) organizations;
- Have experience in the EMAS certification process or other environmental certification processes (ISO 14001, BREEAM, LEED, etc.);
- Have experience and skills as data analyst or similar activity;
- Have experience in managing and processing master data;
- Provide quality assurance of imported and processed data;
- Have skills in developing reports and analysis, including designing of reporting tools;
- Have a good command of MS Office, particularly Excel and PowerPoint;
- Have the capacity to perform accurately and with a sense of detail different tasks in a complex institutional environment;
- Have good communication skills, the ability to develop successful and attractive infographics and to communicate clearly, also on complex issues;
- Have a good knowledge of English and especially French (orally and in writing);
- Be able to work and deliver under pressure and in a flexible manner; and
- Be able to work autonomously and in a service-oriented fashion.
- An engineering or environment background;
- Experience in working in a multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- An understanding of real estate needs of EU Delegations and/or Embassies;
- Experience working with or within EU Institutions or Delegations, in a national diplomatic service
will be considered as assets.
SPECIFIC CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the EEAS Medical Service.
The successful candidate might be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not already hold a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level, in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email tom RM-SCSfirstname.lastname@example.org with a copy to email@example.com
Deadline for sending application: 21/02/2023 at 12:00 midday (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
It is recalled, that if the interest of the service so requires, the selection procedures can be terminated at any stage in the interest of the service.
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, seehttps://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101
2. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the EEAS website: (https://www.eeas.europa.eu/eeas/data-protection_en) and on the EEAS Intranet: (https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-statements-dp-notices).