EEAS Vacancy Notice Contract Agent FGIV – Job title: Audit and Compliance Officer RM.BHR.2.002 - Anti Fraud, Compliance and Audit Coordination
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks in conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Planning, reporting and compliance Division (RM.BHR.2) supports the Director for Budget and Human Resources (BHR) and the Director General for Resource Management (DG RM) in their cross-cutting responsibilities such as the strategic planning and programming (SPP) cycle, resource and risk management reporting, internal communications on DG RM matters, relations with the control authorities, anti-fraud and relations with OLAF. As well as carrying out its core tasks, the Division aims to bring innovative and practical solutions, which will help to improve the functioning of the EEAS as it moves ahead.
The position of Audit and Compliance Officer - contract agent FGIV as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
The position is in the Sector for Anti-Fraud, Compliance and Audit Coordination (RM.BHR.2). Under the direction of the Head of Division, the selected candidate will be required to contribute to the handling of horizontal issues and policy in the field of resource management, including in particular and not limited to audit coordination, internal controls, anti-fraud and emerging cross-cutting priorities.
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Interviews will be scheduled in April 2023
Post available: 01/04/2023
We look for
A dynamic, proactive and highly motivated colleague with very good communication and organisational skills and with a developed sense of service. He/she will be entrusted with the following main tasks:
- Supporting audit coordination with both external and internal audit bodies;
- Leading the preparation of committees (e.g. Audit Progress Committee and Internal Control Committee) and their follow-up;
- Drafting briefings and notes for the EEAS hierarchy;
- Drafting texts for the EEAS RM annual reports as well as web pages;
- Supporting the relations with the European Anti-Fraud Office (OLAF) including the implementation of the upcoming Anti-Fraud Strategy;
- Supporting colleagues in the division on issues relating to internal controls, risk management, anti-fraud and compliance. Including future communication campaigns and training courses;
- Providing assistance for emerging cross-cutting priorities assigned to DG RM (e.g., management of COVID19 crisis);
- Backing up colleagues of the sector/division when necessary.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).1
Subject to having passed the CAST exam, the successful candidate will be offered a contract agent position (Function group IV), on the basis of a contract with an initial duration of one year that may be renewed for a maximum duration of 6 years.
Candidates for this contract agent IV post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in FG IV; or (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in FG IV (https://epso.europa.eu/en/job-opportunities/open-for-application) In that case, while the registration will render the candidate eligible for the selection procedure, the recruitment of a candidate on this vacant post will be subject to their successfully passing of the CAST exam that this candidate will be called to attend.2
- have completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset;
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
- have strong drafting and analytical skills combined with sound judgement;
- have knowledge of external relations, internal policies and functioning of the Union;
- have the ability to communicate clearly on complex issues and the capacity to perform with accuracy and in a flexible manner a diversity of tasks in a complex institutional environment;
- have the ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts both within and outside the EEAS;
- have strong service-minded attitude;
- be able to work to a very high level in English (both orally and in writing);
- have good knowledge of French (both orally and in writing);
- be a flexible team player.
- experience of working in a coordination function;
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- experience working with or within other EU institutions
would be considered as strong assets.
Specific conditions of employment
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level, in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure3
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email to RM-BHR-2-STAFF@eeas.europa.eu
Deadline for sending application: 24/03/2023 at 18.00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
In the interest of the service, after identifying the candidate that best fulfils the requirement of the post as set out in the vacancy notice and that has successfully passed the CAST exam, the AACC may also establish a reserve list of candidates. These candidates shall be informed that the reserve list shall remain valid for a period of one year from when it is established and that it may be used to fill the same post or an equivalent post in the EEAS having the same job profile.
It is recalled, that if the interest of the service so requires, the selection procedures can be terminated at any stage in the interest of the service.
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031- 20190101
2. An invitation to sit the CAST exam does not commit the EEAS to invite the candidate to a selection panel nor to offer a Contract Agent position, should they succeed the CAST exam.
3. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (http://eeas.europa.eu/data_protection/rights/index_en.htm) and on the EEAS Intranet: (https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-statements).