EEAS Vacancy Notice Contract Agent FGIV – Job title: IT Service Officer – Unified Communications Technical Expert
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The EEAS Digital Solutions Division contributes to EEAS business process effectiveness and efficiency by implementing Information Communication Technology (ICT) services, applications, tools, and infrastructure. The Division comprises several teams dealing with budget and administration, ICT infrastructure support, Data Center, Operations, Security, Network, Applications’ development and rollout, etc., both for EEAS Headquarters (HQ) and EU Delegation network around the world.
The position of IT Service Officer – Unified Communications Technical Expert inside the team responsible for the operations, maintenance and modernisation of our VTC Services (Video/Telephone/Conferencing).
The successful candidate will be offered a Contract Agent position Function Group IV (FGIV) as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post available: immediately
We look for
We are seeking a highly motivated colleague who will be entrusted with the following tasks:
- Assist in the definition and the implementation of the videoconferencing, telephony and communication (VTC) strategy;
- Supervise the operations and maintenance of the videoconferencing (VTC) service;
- Coordinate, implement, manage and supervise the multiple workflows necessary to reach the levels of quality expected;
- Assist in the definition of the services offered to the end-users in the context of the modernisation of the concerned technologies and define their related SLAs for both Headquarter and Delegations;
- Participate to or lead various projects linked with the technologies supported and linked to the modernisation of the communications means (VOIP; Video Conferencing, interconnection of various technological platforms…)
- Participate in the selection process for external contractors
- Supervise the work executed by external consultants in the concerned domain;
- Contribute to preparation of framework contracts and renewals and follow-up contractor’s performance (deadlines, specifications, expenditure, etc.);
- Ensure fulfilment of reporting procedures when contracts are used during the implementation of projects.
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).1
The successful candidate will be offered a Contract Agent position (Function Group IV); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam)
Candidates for this Contract Agent Function Group IV post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in Function Group IV; or (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in Function Group IV https://epso.europa.eu/en/job-opportunities/open-for-application
The CAST is the Contract Agents Selection Tool, administered by the European Personnel Selection Office (EPSO). The candidates interested in the post are asked to create an EPSO account and register for a permanent CAST in Function Group IV in the respective field (e.g. Information and Communication Technology or Project/Programme Management) if they have not yet successfully passed a CAST exam in FGIV.
Candidates are kindly asked to share the ID number of their CAST application when submitting their documents.
- have completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP (English/French) and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset;
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
Candidates should have:
- very good knowledge of technologies relevant for the position (video conferencing, telephony, VoIP), in particular:
- Cisco Unified Communications products (Cisco Jabber, Webex, Cisco UCM, Cisco Meeting Server, Call Control, Communication Gateways, UC Applications, etc…)
- Mobile Telephony and smartphones;
- Installation and maintenance of Pabx in general;
- Unify PABX OSBIZ systems (X3, X5 and X 8 series);
- SIP to IP / SIP to ISDN / SIP to Analog – various devices and Mediatrix;
- proven experience in organizing, delivering and managing IT services;
- experience in managing external contractors;
- ability to carry out assigned tasks independently with little supervision;
- strong drafting and analytical skills combined with sound judgement;
- excellent communication skills and the ability to establish and maintain a network of contacts both within and outside the EEAS;
- ability to communicate clearly on complex issues and the capacity to perform with accuracy and in a flexible manner a diversity of tasks in a complex institutional environment;
- strong service attitude;
- be fluent in English (orally and in writing);
- be a flexible team player.
- experience of working in a team in multi-disciplinary and multi-cultural environment;
- experience in working with or within other EU institutions;
- knowledge of French or other EU language
will be considered an asset.
Specific conditions of employment
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service. The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level (EU SECRET), in accordance with relevant security provisions. Equal Opportunities The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email to RM-SCS-5-HR@eeas.europa.eu
Deadline for sending application: 19/01/2023 at 12:00 midday (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculumvitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
It is recalled, that if the interest of the service so requires, the selection procedures can be terminated at any stage in the interest of the service
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, see https://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031- 20190101
2. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the EEAS website: (https://www.eeas.europa.eu/eeas/dataprotection_en) and on the EEAS Intranet: (https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/dataprotection/privacy-statements-dp-notices).