EEAS Vacancy Notice Contract Agent FGIV - Job title: ERP Budget Officer
The European External Action Service (EEAS) supports the work of the High Representative in defining and implementing an effective and coherent EU foreign policy. The EEAS supports his tasks of conducting the EU's Common Foreign and Security Policy and chairing the Foreign Affairs Council. It also supports the High Representative in his capacity as Vice President of the Commission with regard to his responsibilities within the Commission in the external relations field including the coordination of other aspects of the EU's external action. The EEAS works in close cooperation with Member States, the Council and relevant services of the European Commission.
The Civilian Planning and Conduct Capability (CPCC) is the permanent EEAS structure supporting the Civilian Operations Commander. The Civilian Operations Commander is the overall commander at the strategic level of currently 11 civilian CSDP crisis management missions and provides strategic guidance and direction to the Heads of Mission. The Civilian Operations Commander reports directly to the High Representative for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy and through him to the Council of the EU. Under the political control and strategic direction of the Political and Security Committee and the overall authority of the High Representative, the Civilian Operations Commander ensures the effective planning and conduct of civilian CSDP crisis management missions, as well as the proper implementation of all mission-related tasks.
The Missions Operational Support Division (CPCC.4) is responsible for CIS (including cyber) as well as logistics and procurement at Headquarters level. The Division manages the delivery of equipment to 11 civilian CSDP Missions, ensuring that all the financial and legal rules are adherent to in the procurement and usage of such equipment. CPCC.4 assists the civilian Missions in defining and managing their budgets with the relevant stakeholders (EU Member States and Foreign Policy Instruments).
The position of ERP Budget Officer in the Mission Support Platform (MSP) - contract agent FGIV as per article 3b of the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).
Place of employment: EEAS Headquarters, Brussels, Belgium
Post available: immediately
We look for
The person to be recruited will work within the CPCC.4 under the overarching guidance of the Head of the Missions Operational Support Division. The position entails the following tasks:
- Assist the Head of Division in analysing the Missions budget in line with operational needs, including possible savings and reallocations;
- Analyse Missions Quartly Reports to the headquarter by designing key operational metrics and performance tools;
- Use ERP logistics, procurement and finance data to integrate and cross-check the quarterly reports;
- Use ERP metric KPIs for performance measurements, brenchmarks and predictive analysis
- Capitalise on the core operational ERP data by providing financial and operational analytics as well as strategic analytics to help guide the Missions but also to support decision making process;
- Implement Missions audit recommendations;
- Liaise and coordinate as appropriate with counterparts in Missions, relevant EEAS Services and FPI on financial and budgetary matters;
- Assist in the preparation of reports to the Council.
- Undertake any other related tasks as requested by the Head of the Division;
The vacancy is to be filled in accordance with the conditions stipulated under the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS).1
The successful candidate will be offered a contract agent position (Function group IV); renewable contract for a maximum duration of 6 years (with a valid CAST exam).
Candidates for this contract agent IV post should:
- (i) have passed a valid EPSO CAST in FG IV ; or
- (ii) be registered in the EPSO Permanent CAST in FG IV (https://epso.europa.eu/en/job-opportunities/open-for-application)
- have completed university studies of at least three years attested by a diploma;
- have the capacity to work in languages of CFSP and external relations necessary for the performance of their duties. Knowledge of other EU languages would be an asset;
- be a national of one of the Member States of the European Union and enjoy full rights as a citizen.
The ideal candidates should demonstrate:
- Proven relevant professional experience (minimum 3 years) in the area of Financial and Budgetary Management, preferably in large private or in EU public institutions, international organisations such as OSCE and the UN, NGOs or other similar actors;
- Good knowledge of current accounting rules and principles, and of EU financial procedures
- Good skills in word processing, spreadsheets, presentations software;
- Technological savvy;
- Previous ERP related experience is a plus;
- Thorough command of written and spoken English;
- Sound reporting skills;
- Ability to work professionally as a member of the Division, in multicultural task forces and working groups with mixed composition (other Mission-support related functions as well as with police, judicial, civilian and military staff);
- Resilience in case of crisis that implies unpredictable working hours and a considerable workload;
- A strong service attitude.
Specific conditions of employment
The signature of the contract will be subject to prior favourable opinion of the Medical Service.
The successful candidate will be required to undergo security vetting if she or he does not hold already a Personal Security Clearance to an appropriate level (EU SECRET), in accordance with relevant security provisions.
The EEAS is committed to an equal opportunities policy for all its employees and applicants for employment. As an employer, the EEAS is committed to promoting gender equality and to preventing discrimination on any grounds. It actively welcomes applications from all qualified candidates from diverse backgrounds and from the broadest possible geographical basis amongst the EU Member States. We aim at a service which is truly representative of society, where each staff member feels respected, is able to give their best and can develop their full potential.
Candidates with disabilities are invited to contact CONTRACTAGENTS-HQ@eeas.europa.eu in order to accommodate any special needs and provide assistance to ensure the possibility to pass the selection procedure in equality of opportunities with other candidates. If a candidate with a disability is selected for a vacant post, the EEAS is committed to providing reasonable accommodation in accordance with Art 1d.4 of the Staff Regulations.
Application and selection procedure2
Please send your CV and cover letter (with your EPSO CAST number) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for sending application: 16/01/2023 at 12:00 (CET).
Candidates shall draft their CV following the European CV form which can be found at the following internet address: http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/en/documents/curriculum-vitae.
Late applications will not be accepted.
The selection panel will make a pre-selection on the basis of the qualifications and professional experience described in the CV and motivational letter, and will produce a shortlist of eligible candidates who best meet the selection criteria for the post. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be informed about the outcome of the pre-selection phase.
The candidates who have been preselected will be invited for an interview by a selection panel. The panel will recommend a shortlist of candidates for a final decision by the Authority Empowered to Conclude Contracts of Employment. The Authority may decide to interview the candidates on the final shortlist before taking this decision.
It is recalled, that if the interest of the service so requires, the selection procedures can be terminated at any stage in the interest of the service.
Esmeralda Hernandez Aragones, Head of Division CPCC.4
Tel: +32 2584 2296
1. Staff Regulations of Officials (SR) and the Conditions of Employment of Other Servants of the European Union (CEOS). For reference, seehttps://eur-lex.europa.eu/legal-content/EN/TXT/?qid=1570023902133&uri=CELEX:01962R0031-20190101
2. Your personal data will be processed in accordance with Regulation (EU) 2018/1725, as implemented by ADMIN(2019)8 Decision of the High Representative of the Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. The privacy statement is available on the Europa website: (https://www.eeas.europa.eu/eeas/eeas-privacy-statement-data-protection-notice-purpose-processing-personal-data-related-public_en) and on the EEAS Intranet:(https://intranet.eeas.europa.eu/page/eeas-work/data-protection/privacy-statements-dp-notices)