Europe Day 2020: Together we are Europe
Europe Day on 9 May is an occasion to celebrate peace and unity in Europe.
Each year, the EU institutions in Brussels open their doors to the public for celebrations and activities, while EU Delegations around the world organise events throughout the whole month of May. Due to the Coronavirus crisis, there will be no open doors events in Brussels or in the Delegations to celebrate Europe Day this year. The ongoing crisis leaves no room for social gatherings, and our thoughts go out to all those who are fighting against the virus or suffering because of it.
However, we will still be marking this day, especially since this year we commemorate the 70th anniversary of the Schuman Declaration - a powerful statement made by the French foreign minister Robert Schuman who initiated the process of European integration.
The European Union is stronger together, and together we will overcome this crisis. It is this message of unity and solidarity that we want to convey with the range of activities that we and our Delegations around the world have prepared for you.
Join us from home and immerse yourself in hours of culture, information, entertainment and more. Sit back, enjoy and keep safe!
Messages from HR/VP Josep Borrell and SG Helga Schmid
Europe in the World online quiz
Everything about The EU you thought you didn’t know! From the EU in the world and its history to what it has in store for the future. Take our Quiz and become the EU’s newest Ambassador in the World!
Other EU links
- European Union webpage dedicated to Europe Day
- Inter-institutional Facebook event pageEurope Day spotify playlist
- Exhibition for the 70th anniversary of the Schuman Declaration - European Parliament
- European Parliament highlights page
- Consilium website
- Regions and Cities against COVID-19 - European Committee of the Regions
- Meet the Neighbours - African, Mediterranean and European films to European and African/Mediterranean students
- Different together: Video from the Ministry of Foreign and European Affairs in Luxemburg
- Music Europe Day - l'Union européenne lance son e-festival pour le 9 mai - EU Representation in France and EPLO