European Union Advisory Mission in IRAQ (EUAM IRAQ) - National Staff (open to Iraqi Nationals only)
The European Union Advisory Mission in Iraq (EUAM Iraq), is part of the Common Security and Defence Policy (CSDP), which enables the EU to take a leading role in peace-keeping operations, conflict prevention and in strengthening of international security. It is an integrated part of the EU’s comprehensive approach towards crisis management, drawing on civilian experts as well as police experts.
EUAM Iraq was established on 16 October 2017 by the Council of the European Union in response to a request from the Iraqi Government for the EU to provide advice and assistance on the implementation of civilian aspects of the National Security Strategy. EUAM Iraq represents both a testimony of, and a contribution to, the EU's steadfast support for Iraq's Unity, sovereignty, territorial integrity, its security and rule of law.
Its core mandate is to support the implementation of the civilian aspects of the Iraqi National Security Strategy and the civilian aspects of Security Sector Reform Programme, led by the Office of the Iraqi National Security Advisor. The Mission will inform planning for potential further EU engagement, and assist in the coordination of EU and Member States' assistance in the civilian Security Sector domain.
General Requirement & Eligibility
- Applicants must be Iraqi Citizen;
- Applicants must be native speakers of Kurdish;
- A minimum of relevant professional experience according the job description, after having fulfilled the education requirements;
- Applicants must enjoy their full civil rights and have no criminal record (Certificate of non-conviction will be required before any employment offer);
- Applicants must be in good physical and mental health (Medical checks will be required before any employment offer);
- Only application provided on the latest official EUAM Iraq application form will be accepted;
- Maximum of two (2) applications per applicant (i.e. you can apply for a maximum of 2 posts);
- Application forms must be filled in English (except for the applicant’s name which should be provided in both English and Kurdish or Arabic);
- Applications must be submitted as Word document (no PDF or JPEG), each file must be named as: “IANX00_1st name_2nd name” where “IANX00” stands for the position reference;
- Deadline to apply: 26 May 2022, at 17:00 (Baghdad Time); applications received after this date and time will be disregarded;
- Applications not abiding by the points above will be disregarded;
- Files submitted will not be returned.
Successful applicants will be required to submit a certificate of non-conviction issued by the Iraqi police authority and to undergo a security vetting process as well a vetting process to be issue an IZ badge.
The employment offer will be subject to have successfully passed the vetting processes.
European Union Advisory Mission in IRAQ (EUAM IRAQ) 1-2022 Call for Applications National Staff (open to Iraqi Nationals only)
Organisation: EUAM IRAQJob Location: ErbilEmployment Regime: Local ContractedJob Title/ Vacancy Notice:
- Ref: IANO 470
- Name of the Post: National SSR Coordinator/Translator
- Location: Erbil
- Available on: ASAP
Deadline for Applications: 26 May 2022, at 17:00 (Baghdad Time).E-mail Address to send the Job Application Form to: email@example.comInformation: For more information relating to selection and recruitment, please contact EUAM IRAQ: firstname.lastname@example.org
Position Name: National SSR Coordinator/Translator
Employment Regime: Local Contracted
Position Number: IANO 470
Location: Erbil, Iraq
Component/Department/Unit: Operations/Erbil Team
1. Reporting Line:
- The National SSR Coordinator/Translator reports to the Head of Operations, or designated substitute, and is responsible for:
2. Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- To support Advisers in Erbil Team in their Security Sector Reform (SSR) actions;
- To assist in developing and implementing the Ministry of Interior Joint Coordination Centre function;
- To liaise with interlocutors with a broad range of people;
- To take responsibility for a range of tasks each requiring simultaneous attention and work to demanding schedules;
- To provide a wide range of administrative and executive support to the SSR Advisers with the ability to perform the tasks independently or with little supervision;
- To assist in arranging meetings, workshops, seminars etc. with key interlocutors and other relevant stakeholders;
- To accompany mission staff in their daily advising work including field trips outside Erbil;
- To perform translations of all types of texts e.g. training manuals, presentations, letters, report etc. from English to Kurdish and vice-versa;
- To perform interpretation in liaison and consecutive mode, from English to Kurdish and vice-versa for the international members of Mission as assigned;
- To assist in the preparation of text for translation, including obtaining relevant reference material;
- To maintain good working knowledge of specific and technical fields and the related terminology;
- To maintain good knowledge of Mission and its mandate;
- To proofread and check own work to assure quality and accuracy;
- To support OPS Advisors administratively in their project related tasks throughout the project cycle;
- Keep track, register and archive all documentation and data generated at all stages;
- To compile agendas, schedules, minutes and reports for the department;
- To translate documents, and to act as an interpreter in the SSR meetings;
- To perform and carry out other tasks and duties required or requested by the Line Manager.
3. Essentials Qualifications and Experiences
- To have successfully completed of relevant university studies of at least 3 years e.g. bachelor’s Degree in English, Law, Public Administration, Business Administration, Political Sciences, or equivalent;
- To have a minimum of 3 years of relevant professional experience.
4. Essentials Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- To have a good proficient in oral and written English (C1 according to Common European Framework of References for Languages);
- To have an excellent proficient in oral and written in Kurdish language.
- To have a solid computer literacy (web, Microsoft Office software, especially Excel and Outlook);
- Excellent administration and organisational skills;
- Ability to prioritise the workload and work under pressure;
- To be flexible, and willing to learn new skills and undertake a range of duties is essential;
- To be willing to work long and irregular hours with the capacity to remain helpful and courteous with all contacts.
5. Desirable Qualifications and Experiences
- To have working experience in a multi-national and international environment or organisations.
- To have experience with SSR framework or SSR implementation in Iraq;
- To have knowledge about international SSR actors in Iraq;
- To have knowledge about the regional security organisations in KRI.
6. Desirable Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- To have a good knowledge in oral and written Arabic language;
- To work methodically, accurately and with attention to details as well as to tight deadlines;
- To be used to work on a multitude of activities at the same time and independently with limited supervision;
- To be able to complete assigned tasks within strict deadlines and consistently maintain quality and accuracy in performance of duties;
- To be available to participate to field trips/workshops across the country;
- To have proven interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relations and teamwork in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
7. Important Note:
- Mandatory requirement to pass all security clearance and medical check.