The European Union Delegation to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan / sub-office Yemen is looking for: Accounts Clerk in the Common Administrative Section
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organizations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan works in close coordination with the Embassies and Consulates of the 27 EU Member States. We are a fully-fledged diplomatic mission and represent the European Union in dealings with the U.S. government in areas that are part of the EU’s remit.
The post of Accounts Clerk (Local Agent Group III) in the Delegation’s Common Administrative Section. The team consists of seven people and there are occasional atypical working hours.
Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation, and on the changes of these needs. The successful candidate will serve under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Administration, providing support, expertise and assistance in accounting, budgetary and administrative support.
Following main tasks and duties are currently required:
- Financial initiating agent for commitments, payments and recovery orders initiation according to the Financial Regulations and the administrative procedures in place.
- Assist in management of the petty cash.
- Assist in managing the monthly closure of the accounts.
- Assist in the managing of the budget, credit requests, reporting and other administrative duties.
- Assist in matching MIPS with ABAC workflow.
- Back up for verification of the reimbursements and authorizations for the medical sickness insurance claims for local staff.
- Back up for Administrative Assistant.
- Management of the physical inventory of the Delegation assets and keeping up-to-date the database (ABAC ASSET)
- Assist in the logistical issues on an ad hoc basis.
- Back up for entering data in IMMOGEST regarding lease of EU Residences and offices
- Responsible for entering data in LCK regarding lease contracts signed by the Delegation and for the press and information contracts.
- Ex-Post Control management
- Any other administrative task, such as archiving/filing, or ad hoc tasks relating to the activities of the Section
The successful candidate will be working for the sub-office Yemen of the EU Delegation Jordan, located in Amman.
The working hours are 37.5 per week (from Sunday to Thursday).
The contract - “local agent” post of an Accountant Assistant Group III - will be concluded for an initial fixed-term period of 2 years.
The base salary will depend on relevant and verified employment experience. There is a competitive benefits package, subject to certain conditions, including personal leave days and public holidays, health insurances and a retirement savings plan.
The expected start date will be November/December 2022.
Minimum requirements / eligibility criteria (necessary for the application to be considered)
- Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Accounting, Business Administration or Finance;
- Minimum of 3 years of professional experience , including 2 years of relevant experience as an accountant
- Working knowledge (B2) of English and Arabic (written and spoken)
- Right to residence and work in the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Good standing as citizen/resident
- Medical fitness to carry out the tasks assigned
- Excellent knowledge of computer applications: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, scheduling and communication.
- We look for an energetic person, able to handle several strands of work in parallel in a high-pressure environment. An ability to work well with others is vital
Assets / selection criteria
- Good communication skills.
- Prioritising and Organising.
- Previous professional experience working in an Embassy or international organization as an accountant
- Working knowledge in French (read and spoken)
- Knowledge of the EEAS and/or EC internal applications
How to apply
Please submit your application, consisting of a cover letter, Europass format CV (http://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/documents/curriculum-vitae) and a declaration on honour regarding the good standing/work rights/medical fitness via the DELEGATION-YEMEN-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu (Reference Accountant Assistant – Post 354720) no later than 16:00 13/10/2022 (Amman local time).
Only complete applications received on time via the FMB DELEGATION-YEMEN-RECRUITMENT@eeas.europa.eu will be considered.
The successful candidate will be subject to a medical check, background check.
After the deadline for applications, the eligible applications will be admitted to the Selection by the Committee set up for this purpose.
Depending on the number of applications received, successive phases of Selection may include shortlisting of candidates based assessment of the information provided in the cover letter, CV; practical testing and interviews. At least three best candidates will be invited to the final phase
Only candidates admitted to each successive selection phase will be contacted individually. The Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this job advertisement to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure. During the selection process, please do not contact the members of the Selection Committee, but address your questions and comments to the Delegation’s Administration.