The European Union Delegation to the Republic of Colombia is looking for: Secretary for the Cooperation section
The European Union (EU) is an economic and political partnership between 27 European countries. It plays an important role in international affairs through diplomacy, trade, development aid and working with global organisations. Abroad, the EU is represented through more than 140 diplomatic representations, known also as EU Delegations, which have a similar function to those of an embassy.
The EU Delegation to the Republic of Colombia ensures the representation of the European Union to the Republic of Colombia and the follow-up of bilateral relations in the areas of political, economic, trade and external assistance cooperation. It also coordinates the work of the Member States’ Embassies. Our mission is to represent the values and interests of the European Union in Colombia, contributing to the prosperity, peace, development and stability of the country and its citizens. Our vision is a solid and plural European Union-Colombia relationship, built on mutual respect, shared values and a common commitment to multilateralism. Our values are solidarity, peace, commitment to democracy and human rights, including gender equality, and good governance. We work in close coordination with our Member States and value transparency, respect and integrity in all our relationships.
We offer a post of Secretary . Under this post, the recruited person will be attributed functions depending on the needs of the Delegation. Upon recruitment, the successful candidate will occupy a specific job function as Secretary of the Cooperation Section– this job function may be changed in accordance with the needs of the Delegation. Under this job function the successful candidate will serve as technical and support staff to:
- Ensuring reception and correct distribution of documents arriving to the Section.
- Management of agendas.
- Classification and filing of correspondence and documents.
- Overall Correspondence (in Spanish, English or French).
- Updating contact database for the section.
- General administrative tasks (archives, photocopies, missions, phone calls, etc.)
- Receiving external visitors for the section (meeting, interviews, and appointments).
- Organizing seminars, conferences, workshops, and visits, etc. in accordance with the Section’s work programme.
- Support to the organization and logistic of missions carried out in Colombia from HQ.
- Relations with the Ministries & national counterparts regarding cooperation.
- Replacement of receptionist when necessary.
- Prepare the minutes of the meetings.
- Any other tasks in compliance with the instructions of the superiors.
The above functions will be carried out under the supervision and responsibility of the Head of Cooperation and Deputy Head of Cooperation and in coordination with the senior secretary.
The post concerns a full time position (37,5 hours per week) with indefinite contract duration in Bogotá, and involving mostly desk work in a multicultural environment.
We offer a competitive position in an international environment. Benefits, such as additional pension scheme and medical insurance, are offered to employees and their families under certain conditions.
- Medically fit to perform the required duties;
- Enjoys civil rights and permits for employment under local law;
- Bachelor degree;
- Fluent in Spanish;
- Has a very good knowledge of English, oral and written;
- At least 5 years of experience in a similar position.
The following will be considered an asset:
- Knowledge of French;
- Having worked at least two years in development cooperation field or for an international organization;
- Specialised studies related to secretary functions
How to apply
Please send your application and supporting documents to firstname.lastname@example.org. The package should include a cover letter, detailed CV1 and at least three work contacts (email address and or phone number) in case the Delegation needs to ask for references.
The Delegation will not supply additional information or discuss the selection procedure by telephone: please address any queries concerning this procedure to email@example.com.
After the deadline, the applications will be reviewed by a Selection Committee set up for this purpose. The Selection Committee will prepare a short-list of candidates who are considered to be the most suitable for the post on the basis of a preliminary assessment of the information provided in their application letter and the supporting documents. The short-listed candidates will be invited to an assessment phase, which may include an interview and a language skills written test. During this phase, the Selection Committee will assess the suitability of the candidates for the post.
The candidates who have not been short-listed will not be contacted individually; however, the Delegation will use the same means of publication as for this Vacancy Notice to inform the remaining candidates once the recruitment procedure has been completed and that a candidate has (or has not) been recruited.
The deadline for applications is: 20/01/2022
 Please complete the standard CV using the template in the following link: https://eeas.europa.eu/sites/eeas/files/europass_cv_12.doc