Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Algeria
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Algeria?
A traineeship of 6 months within the Press and Information Team, part of the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Algeria, starting in April 2022.
The Press and Information Team (part of the Political, Press and Information Section) works closely with the EU Ambassador to Algeria and all sections of the EU Delegation to ensure the European Union’s values, objectives and activities are effectively communicated to the public, as well as Algerian and international partners. The P&I Team responds to press requests, monitors local and international media, manages the EU Delegation’s website and social media accounts, designs communication campaigns, organises cultural events, and analyses developments in Algeria’s media landscape.
- Monitor media and assist in the preparation of press reviews, as needed.
- Contribute to inputs for the EU Delegation’s social media channels.
- Assist in the management of the EU Delegation’s website.
- Contribute to the design of social media and other communication campaigns.
- Assist in the preparation of audio-visual products
- Assist in the preparation of public diplomacy events (economic, cultural, etc.), as needed.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants currently residing in Algeria will only be considered
- A university degree in a relevant field (communications, political science, international relations or similar).
- The ability to work in a dynamic environment with frequently changing priorities.
- Working proficiency in written/spoken French and English (level B2 minimum).
- Arabic language skills would be an advantage.
- Excellent IT skills (MS Office).
- Experience in managing social media platform would be an advantage.
Research or work/voluntary experiences relevant to the team’s work would be an advantage.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address firstname.lastname@example.org and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Press and Information Team (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in the host country must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.