Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Armenia
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Press and Information Section of the EU Delegation to Armenia, starting in May 2023.
- Traineeship in the Political, Press and Information Section (PPI):
The section is responsible for following domestic developments and foreign policy of the host country; coordinating relations with EU MS accredited in the country, including EU Presidency issues; liaising with media and coordinating Delegation's public diplomacy and visibility issues.
- Contribute to political and economic reporting and analysis (in English);
- Attend meetings, conferences, seminars and write summary reports;
- Do research on various topics, translate from /into English-Armenian (applies to Armenian applicants only)
- Liaise with third parties under the supervision of the Head of Section and the Political Officer
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Taking into account the local health and security conditions, applicants currently residing in Armenia will only be considered;
- Good working knowledge of Russian and/or other EU language would be a strong asset
- Ability to work autonomously
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address Delegationemail@example.com and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PPI Section
Important information to read before applying
Before applying you are requested to examine the dedicated website as well as the general eligibility criteria for a paid traineeship (Article 8 of the Decision ADMIN(2017)28 – Paid traineeship)
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
EU candidates currently residing in Armenia, must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on traineeships possibilities.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country.