Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Bangladesh - Political, Economic, Trade, Press and Information Section
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political, Economic, Trade, Press and Information (PETPI) Section of the EU Delegation to Bangladesh, starting in November 2022.
The PETPI Section is a small section consisting of the Head of Section, a Political officer and three local agents (trade officer, press officer, senior secretary). The trainee would have the opportunity of covering a wide range of areas, including political developments, trade issues, EU visibility and contacts with civil society.
- Help the Political, Trade and Press Section to monitor, research and analyse the domestic political situation, including the upcoming elections and good governance;
- Contribute to maintaining contact with civil society, academia and other stakeholders;
- Follow meetings and workshops with local partners on connectivity, regional integration and countering violent extremism;
- Assist the Section to monitor, research and analyse trade, labour rights and market access issues;
- Contribute to the Section's work on EU visibility, including social media, and cultural activities;
- Draft relevant briefings, press reviews, minutes and policy documents as required.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Due to the current situation in Bangladesh, only applicants currently residing in Bangladesh will be considered
- At least a BA degree in political science, social science (sociology/anthropology), economics or international relations – MA degree will be considered as an asset
- Excellent command of written and spoken English (essential)
- Postgraduate certificate in trade policy or international trade economics or political economy
- A first experience in an Embassy, International Organisation or in a NGO as consultant or in a policy advisory capacity
- Command of other European languages
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address Delegation-Bangladesh-Applications@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - PETPI (you may only apply to 1 traineeship per delegation, however based on your profile, the delegation could offer you a traineeship in another section).
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus only candidates currently residing in country of assignment will be considered.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.