Funded traineeship for young graduates at the EU Delegation to Cabo Verde
Are you a young graduate interested in international relations? Are you curious to learn more about work of a diplomatic mission and how the EU Delegation represents EU interests and values in Cabo Verde?
A traineeship of up to 6 months within the Political Press & Information Section of the EU Delegation to Cabo Verde, starting in April 2022.
- Assisting the Section in the drafting of press releases, press reviews, and other relevant documents;
- Assisting in the management of the EUD's website and social media platforms ( Facebook, Instagram and Twitter); Conceptualize and implement social media campaigns to enhance EU visibility;
- Support the conception and organisation of EUD public and cultural events, press conferences, Europe Day event, etc.;
- Participating and assisting in EUD's events and EU-funded projects' activities;
- Assisting in the organization of database and relevant filing systems;
- Assisting in administrative tasks typical of an International mission;
- Attend and report meetings and other relevant events;
- Assisting the Section in the preparation of studies or evaluations of different sectors of activity in agreement with the HoS and the HoD.
We look for:
Qualifications or special requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in international relations, law, economy, communication, political science;
- Fluent in Portuguese and English (written and spoken). Desirable knowledge of French;
- Excellent analytical, drafting and IT skills;
- Excellent time management as well as strong communication skills;
- Prior experience in an international environment and/or related work in the communication sector is considered an advantage.
- Desirable: Experience with media programs and content creation (InDesign, Photoshop, Video creation, etc.)
- NOTE: All international EU applicants are welcome. However, due to the very evolutive context of the COVID-19 breakthrough note that a Health Insurance is required prior to travelling to the country of posting, including medical repatriation for those not living in the country.
How to apply?
Candidates must apply to the e-mail address DELEGATION-CABO-VERDE-COMMUNICATION@eeas.europa.eu and send the following documents:
- A detailed standard Europass curriculum vitae (CV) https://europass.cedefop.europa.eu/ (CVs in other format will not be considered)
- a cover letter describing why you want to participate in a EU traineeship
- and an application form
Please mention in the subject of your e-mail: Funded Traineeship - Political, Press and Information Section, PPI.
Important information to read before applying
Each selected trainee will receive a monthly grant to cover living expenses. All costs related to travel inside the country of residence, visa, insurance, accommodation must be borne by the trainee.
Applications from non-eligible candidates will not be considered. After the evaluation of all applications, shortlisted candidates will be contacted and invited for an interview. Unsuccessful candidates will be notified by email. In case the selected candidate is not able to present the required documents, his/her candidacy will be rejected.
Non-resident candidates must provide proof that they will be covered against the risk of a pandemic and the costs of repatriation.
The traineeships can only be offered in compliance with the local legislation as well as the legislation of the country of origin. In assessing the applications received, account will need to be taken of the COVID-19 situation and its possible effects on access possibilities to the country of assignment and thus candidates currently residing in country of assignment might be preferred.
The Delegation informs that even if our Headquarters confirm the eligibility of the selected candidate, traineeships could be postponed, suspended or even cancelled considering the very evolving context of the COVID-19 outbreak in the host country as well as in the country of origin. The same rule apply if a selected candidate is unable to reach the country of assignment.